return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Any virtual synth recommendations
View this Thread in Original format
Alpha219
I already have Albino 3, NI Massive, Sylenth. What else should I consider?

Is Sytrus any good?
Vanguard?
Looney4Clooney
Dune is the best sounding synth as far as pure oscillators i have heard. All round I think Zebra is one of the best. Semi modular and extremely powerful.
meriter
Zebralette is still free I think...
Looney4Clooney
for owners of Zebra
PlasticSoul
quote:
Originally posted by Alpha219

Is Sytrus any good?
Vanguard?

u-he zebra.
scorpradio
Fell in LOVE with Z3TA
cl0ckw3rk
I figure with Sylenth, you've already got your basic subractive, so why not explore something with a little more versatility?

Maybe something that uses additive, FM, granular, etc. Just to throw something a little different in the mix.

Two that come to mind: Tone2 Gladiator, Camel Audio Alchemy

If it were me and my money, I wouldn't buy a synth that'll get me pretty much the same sounds.
cryophonik
quote:
Originally posted by Alpha219

Would you run an ad that simply says "looking for a new car"? Give us something to work with here. What sorts of sounds are you looking for? Why do you need/want a new synth? As cl0ckw3rk mentioned, you have subtractive covered with these three synths - are you looking or something completely different? More of the same? Are you looking for a great synth for serious sound design, or something with a bunch of trance presets? What's your budget?

Zebra2 is excellent, but not heavy on trance presets and it can be very intimidating if you don't have a good grasp on synthesis. DUNE is excellent and highly recommended, and I'd throw Fabfilter Twin2 out there as well, although it is also semi-modular like Zebra2 is.

Vanguard is pretty dated if you go by its presets and it has a very distinct, metallic sound, but is still a good all around synth for EDM, particularly if you're any good at sound design/preset tweaking. Never used Sytrus.
tehlord
KarmaFX

The mans choice.
J.L.
Try FM8 and give FM synthesis a try. It gives you a lot of interesting tones to play with.

Also, I would give spectrasonic omnisphere a shot as well.

skyhunter
quote:
Originally posted by meriter
Zebralette is still free I think...

yep, it's free.
Nick Cenik
Personally, I love Sylenth1 and NI Massive.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement