return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Christopher Hitchens Soon to be Dead
View this Thread in Original format
Alex
Quite sad, really. He's been so influential as an atheist, journalist and political activist.

Many Christians that I know are sad to see him go, and are praying for him (even if most people think that's a waste of time...I mean what can prayer do vs oesophageal cancer).

I'm not an atheist myself, but I fully respect this man and believe his legacy will continue on. And that the theist vs atheist debates will continue worldwide in his memory!
Nrg2Nfinit
you're going to hell
Alex
quote:
Originally posted by Nrg2Nfinit
you're going to hell

:conf:
Mattinsanity
there's always a spot for Hitchens in the kingdom of God. Jesus gives second chances.
Alex
quote:
Originally posted by Mattinsanity
there's always a spot for Hitchens in the kingdom of God. Jesus gives second chances.

Oh boy. Don't let Nou see that post. :stongue:
srussell0018
Who cares? An alcoholic journalist who never contributed much of value to anything other than over-zealously taking a position that millions of others already take is dying. Oh no.
Nrg2Nfinit
haters going to hate.
srussell0018
Right, like how he greatly admires a well known slave owner, yet condemns people like the Dalai Lama and Mother Teresa.

The guy is a complete fraud.

It's funny the outpouring of mourning that will surely follow his death, especially since he was really nothing more than a very opinionated journalist.
OOPS!
quote:
Originally posted by Nrg2Nfinit
haters going to hate.

Redd
quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
Right, like how he greatly admires a well known slave owner, yet condemns people like the Dalai Lama and Mother Teresa.

The guy is a complete fraud.

It's funny the outpouring of mourning that will surely follow his death, especially since he was really nothing more than a very opinionated journalist.

you're an idiot

D-res
I love listening to Hitchens speak. He bullies and banters like no one else. Sruss, you don't have to agree with every opinion he has to admit the guy is ing spot on in numerous respects. And many of his critiques of public figures aren't without merit. I'll be sad to see him go.
srussell0018
quote:
Originally posted by Redd

Also, he wasn't even a particularly good journalist. The only reason anybody has even heard of him is because of his being so overly vocal in his criticisms of theists and theism.

And honestly, I do agree with a lot of what he had to say, but that doesn't mean that it was in any way profound new thoughts that he was the first to introduce. He was simply the most notable figure in the new-atheist movement.

We get it, you don't believe in god and think theists are stupid people. The guy is essentially a more well-spoken Nou.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement