return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 
RA Top 100 poll
View this Thread in Original format
princesultan
What do you guys think?

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1252
Romchik22
Love it, these polls actually have soo many djs that I love and respect. These make much more sense !
WittyHandle
Did you just call Ryan "love"? Or are you just British maybe?
Romchik22
quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
Did you just call Ryan "love"? Or are you just British maybe?

Forgot to add "it"!
b-ran
since more than 50% (its probably even higher) of the users on RA are british i think this kinda skews the results a bit.... i know they love the Crosstown Rebels crew a bit too much. honestly this sound is so played out at the moment.

jamie jones @ #1, i don't know about that...then again personally i'm not into his sound or his labels... but theres a lot of great artists in there and is more underground tuned than that embarrassing DJ mag poll
zyklon-jay
just as retarded as the dj mag one except voted on by people with slightly better taste.

I like troxler, but the guy is a weak dj.
b-ran
quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
just as retarded as the dj mag one except voted on by people with slightly better taste.

im just happy all 3 members of arpiar made it in :D
princesultan
quote:
Originally posted by b-ran
since more than 50% (its probably even higher) of the users on RA are british i think this kinda skews the results a bit.... i know they love the Crosstown Rebels crew a bit too much. honestly this sound is so played out at the moment.

jamie jones @ #1, i don't know about that...then again personally i'm not into his sound or his labels... but theres a lot of great artists in there and is more underground tuned than that embarrassing DJ mag poll

i agree with most of this.
Marcus007
hmmmm

as much as i love these artists (minus ricardo vilalalalalalalabos) i gotta agree w bran and say these results are skewd

i guess it would be the anti dj mag poll? does that make sense?
Romchik22
I think that this poll makes a lot more sense then the dj mag for once. At least this one is more about artistic merit then just blain stupid popularity like dj mag. As soon as David Guetta enters the top 20, that poll should be banned.

b-ran
It's really funny to read how people get so worked up over this list on the RA thread when everybody knows that it's just a poll and not much more. Well actually I don't mind, its really funny and entertaining to read all these people bitching about why their favorite DJ didn't place high enough!

Anybody with an RA account can vote and state their opinion and to state the obvious.. music should never be about ranking, competitions or any of that bull and these things shouldn't be taken too seriously. its all subjective .
corjay9
It's not hard to see why Jamie Jones, Troxler, Foss, Art Department etc... are up there. The new fad is pop-inspired songs with actual choruses as opposed to tracks. I'm kinda already tired of it, was fun for a little bit. Maceo Plex would be on the top of my list, he's been on a ing tear.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement