return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
The dark side
View this Thread in Original format
WittyHandle
Do you have one? Are you honest with yourself about it? Do you let it out? If so, in what way?

I'll go first. I definitely have a dark side. I think I'm just really honest with myself about my feelings, and I know that I have some pretty twisted thoughts. I never let them go beyond ideas or words, though. I have no desire to carry anything out, but I like to see where my mind will go if I let it. I don't try to keep a smile on my face all the time, but I filter out some of the really edgy stuff depending on the context. I'm pretty upfront about it with others, and can usually present it in a form that's entertaining. I usually do it through humor, and I test people out when I meet them to see how much they can take. I think I have a personality type that lends itself to this kind of mindset, but I know others who have the same line of thought who don't know how to handle it or put it in presentable form.

I'd be curious to hear others share their experiences, and I think the COR is a perfect place for it.
{b.s.e.}
who doesn't enjoy a long quiet walk through the Abyss of one's psyche? :gsmile:
Ian
who doesn't want to wipe out 99% of mankind?
Vector A
I must, because I often dream about murdering people.
WittyHandle
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
who doesn't want to wipe out 99% of mankind?

Me
phyrrus
We could kill everybody.
Ian
quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
Me

ok, give or take 2%?

Honestly, everybody has dark sides, some just hide it better than others. Some don't hide it at all. We call those people Jay.
AnotherWay83
it's not the east or the west side
no it's not
it's not the north or the south side
no it's not
it's the dark side...
WittyHandle
There's the extent of one's dark side, and how much they show it. Two different factors.
{b.s.e.}
i find your lack of bass disturbing

ripped
you must never underestimate the power of the darkside
Lira
quote:
Do you have one?

Of course! Don't we all?
quote:
Are you honest with yourself about it?

I believe so, yeah.
quote:
Do you let it out? If so, in what way?

It depends. Though it's quite a rare occurrence, if I don't like you, you'll know it sooner or later: either because I'm indifferent to you or because my silly humour turns into "bully mode". I'm really slow to anger but, when I do get angry I'll probably just sublimate my frustration/anger/lust with music, yell at someone, or yell along with the music I'm listening to... until I eventually forget about it (i.e. in a few minutes :p). As for the whole of humanity, I do became a bit of a Nou when I watch an apocalyptic film :D

I can only remember one instance, for example, of extreme schadenfreude because a person took advantage of me and, before he could do it twice, I tarnished his reputation with our superiors - he would always step on his peers, thinking no one would ever strike back, until he tried to do it with me. I proved him wrong with delight :tongue2
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement