return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Which monitors to buy ???
View this Thread in Original format
MegaMan
i have used a pair of m-audio bx5a for about 2 years and now i feel like i should get to the next level. i am considering buying a new pair of monitors. for the last few weeks i did my research, and came to a conclusion KRK ROKIT 6 is what i want. although many others like Fostex PM-1 MKII, Mackie MR8mk2 and Yamaha HS80M 8 were very appealing, although all except KRK showed some kind of flaw. I am mainly interested in producing dance music, so i wanna know if anyone thinks i should reconsider buying the krk series, by all means.
i do have a sound treatment, here is a picture of my studio. i am also planning to acquire a subwoofer in the near future.

Energy_3
I have krk 6's and I have had HS80's as well which i didnt use a lot but I did like them and I think maybe better thank krk's
clay
long time man. consider some genelecs or focals too. i dont know your price range...
Beatflux
HS80m's are 243 on amazon.
tehlord
HS80s are so much better than Rokit's it's ridiculous. There's still nothing to touch them for the money.

And put them in the middle of the wall that your speakers are against at the moment.

Seriously, don't buy Rokit's
cryophonik
quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
HS80s are so much better than Rokit's it's ridiculous. There's still nothing to touch them for the money.

Totally agree!

I've always like the Mackies as well, but, given that they're considerably more expensive, I think the Yamahas are a better bang-for-your-buck monitor.
tehlord
quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Totally agree!

I've always like the Mackies as well, but, given that they're considerably more expensive, I think the Yamahas are a better bang-for-your-buck monitor.

I'm amazed with your consumate GAS levels you've still got the HS80s. I would have thought some exotic liquid cooled monsters would be sitting atop your pile of humming equipment by now.

Slacker :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement