return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Ableton vs FL
View this Thread in Original format
OOPS!
Which is better? :sadgreen:
TranceLover007
You will find as many different opinions as people sharing it with you.

I use Ableton Live 8 and like it but this is me.

Cheers,

Darek
Looney4Clooney
for me , i just can't ignore that it was once fruity loops. I mean i know that is so superficial but i just can't let that fact pass. I mean how long has it beeen ? like 5-6 years ? I've never used it but I still laugh everytime i hear it being used. Because i think of its original name. Then i think of fruit. Then i think of like Richard Simmons giving me a backrub and he tickles me and we and then say like , how random was that. And just laugh at the randomness. And then he tells me that he is HIV postive. And because we are on day 7 of operation straight guy that goes to church but turns gay when he is on a business trip meth binge, i laugh at that too and think about how akward it is going to be to tell the wife. Man. The devil sure tricked me this time. But ya, funny name.
OOPS!
I mainly use FL but I've heard Ableton is where it's at.
Constantin
Get the demos and choose the one you feel more comfortable with. They are both great for EDM, they both suport vsts, hardware, MIDI you name it. Nowdays the differences aren't so big, I my self learned to use fruity loops by watching ableton tutorials, just to make an idea :-).
DJRYAN™
I've used FL briefly and I prefer Ableton hands down..
Evolve140
quote:
Originally posted by OOPS!
Which is better? :sadgreen:

Are you serious? This question is seriously a joke, and designed to make people's head explode. Hey, I don't know. Why don't you make some music and find out? DAW is DAW. But now I'll spot, and let the true horror of this thread begin.
-FSP-
I LOVE Ableton. Not only does it have awesome controllers to assist you like the Novation Launch Pad to help you, I also love it's ease of use. FL has way too much crap and windows. I get lost in my productions if I haven't opened them in some time. In Ableton I use Shift+Tab and just tab, and everything is organized and neat while everything is in my face. I remember why I did the things I did. Sample editing is much more intuitive here too. The only thing I like about FL over Ableton is it's step sequencer which I find more intuitive but that plus is negated because I just use Maschine to do the drum sequencing.

I can also activate patterns and loops in ableton using my launch pad to audition which parts of the song i want, and to figure out how i want the arrangement to be done. It's very intuitive.
EddieZilker
quote:
Originally posted by Vernon Wanderer

Formerly, my growing collection of worms. Still, way too much of a meta-discussion. Anyone interested in a copy, PM me, but I'm not expecting as much.
Vernon Wanderer

Inner Sanctum
unoriginal troll fail.
Julz
If Abletons arrange window dosnt make you wanna punch your computer screen then i'd go with Abelton.

On a plus note, Ableton have really good support.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement