return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Music Production Lingo Trivia
View this Thread in Original format
EddieZilker
I'll start. In psycho-acoustics, what is a beat-note?
DJRYAN™
what are intermodulation distortion products?

or phantom sounds aka artifacts?
Vernon Wanderer
quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
In psycho-acoustics, what is a beat-note?

Ask zidumare.
Teezdalien
quote:

I kinda don't know exactly how to put this but I'm guessing it's the value/timing of the note created when you get the beating effect of two detuned voices/oscillators.
cryophonik
quote:

A note that talked back to her psycho husband?
EddieZilker
Nope. Someone has to post the correct answer and they can ask the next question.
Looney4Clooney
Never heard it called beat note nut I will guess the frequency of a resulting amplitude modulation by having 2very close sine waves together.

What is the generally accepted dB value given for a doubling in perceptual loudness and what is actual value of real energy being doubled.
EddieZilker
quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
Never heard it called beat note nut I will guess the frequency of a resulting amplitude modulation by having 2very close sine waves together.

What is the generally accepted dB value given for a doubling in perceptual loudness and what is actual value of real energy being doubled.

quote:
Another effect of the ear's nonlinear response is that sounds that are close in frequency produce phantom beat notes, or intermodulation distortion products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoacoustics

Looney4Clooney 1

Beat Frequency would have been a more accurate choice. I blame my current cold. Still, you got the correct answer. Your turn.
Beatflux
quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney

I think 6db. Are you the 2nd part of the Q is correct?
Looney4Clooney
yup. so far incorrect.

1 = perceived loudness2: actual loudness.

meriter
Whats the term for a bunch of producers standing in a circle together jerking each other off?
Looney4Clooney
a term a little less gay than the guy watching the circle jerk.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement