return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2012 / Miami Music Week 2012

Pages: [1] 2 
Accommodations SOBE - March 20-27. Tips please
View this Thread in Original format
RyanVice
It feels really late in the game to be doing this.. based on convos and the like ive had with agents in Sobe. The house's/condos on cyberrentals/homeaway are going like hot cakes and the hotels are ridic (we have 8ppl so we arent paying hotel prices) for MMC

Can anyone recommend a resource to aid in our search?? A Website, some you know, a friend of a friend??

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
drEamer
vacationrentals.com and vrbo.com are 2 more....u might need to get away from the beach for something that big....or blow a wad of money
ravracer16
I was speaking to one agent and she basically told me in the nicest possible way that i am out of luck. She recommended some places way up on 100th street. It's so far out of the action that I just don't see the point.

If you spend a lot searching you can find some reasonable hotel rooms. I was able to find a room for $281 (AAA discount)at the Marseilles. Rooms are okay, but it's all about location.
ramsau
quote:
Originally posted by RyanVice
Can anyone recommend a resource to aid in our search??

PM'd you.
drEamer
do not book with wayne stewart....thats something i was told...
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by ravracer16
I was speaking to one agent and she basically told me in the nicest possible way that i am out of luck. She recommended some places way up on 100th street. It's so far out of the action that I just don't see the point.

honestly its actually really nice up there. why dont you just rent a car and take turns staying sober and just driving down? with 8 people, if each person sacrificed one night then you could still do whatever you wanted for the other 7. its not ideal but i think its better than spending an insane amount of money.
RyanVice
It may have to come to that.. They are raping ppl to stay in sobe
RyanVice
Does anyone else have any input/suggestions?? Thx!
Donnie Gryphon
quote:
Does anyone else have any input/suggestions?? Thx!

I have used vrbo.com and few times for house rentals. Have never had a problem and actually just used that site 2 weeks ago for our cabin rental in NC.
ozmotion
Renting a car is very helpful.

It'll allow you to stay in the airport, downtown, or north beach areas.

Some of the sobe hostels may still be available. The rate is about $70-$100 per person per night.

RyanVice
Where can the best hotels for value be found in SoBe??
ravracer16
quote:
Where can the best hotels for value be found in SoBe??

Hotels past 30th street and collins start to get cheaper the further you go up, except for the 2 big exceptions the Gavensort and Fountain Bleu (where Liv is).

Expedia has some cheap hotels left, but read the reviews I know a couple of them didn't have bathrooms in the room, you had to share a communal bathroom. Lame.

Also is you see a hotel you like listed on those travel sites, it's always a good thing to call the hotel directly to see if they offer you a cheaper price.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement