return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Saturday Night Live
View this Thread in Original format
tubularbills
Not sure how big this thing is in other countries. I'm assuming pretty good in Canada, but elsewhere? Brazil? Europe? How many of you know the Chris Farely sketches of "in a van down by the river?" always cracks me up even to this day.

Truth be told, I haven't watched SNL in a long time, and never really did watch it regularly, but enjoyed the occasional show here and there.

probably my favorite sketch here:

OrangestO
Need more cowbell.
BTG
any one of these

OrangestO
Do they still have This Hour Has 22 Minutes in Canada?
BTG
quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO

i duno, probably...but it's just garbage liberal government programming.
dj_alfi
a couple of years ago they started showing SNL episodes a week after theyd aired in the US on some norwegian channel. but yeah, new episodes can't really compare to many of the classic episodes. we did get the movies lorne has produced though, so it's not like no norwegian know who dan aykroyd and the belushi's are/were/whatever.
PivotTechno
quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO

Yup, our idiot mayor called 911 after Mary Walsh showed up at his home with a CBC camera crew.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/1..._n_1029601.html

Did I mention our mayor is an idiot?

Best Canuck humour = KITH, by a longshot

(with SCTV as runner-up)

SNL has been off my radar for decades - there's the golden era (Belushi, Aykroyd, Radner, Chase, et al) and - excepting a few pockets of brilliance here and there - there's everything else.
jupiterone
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/696639/

laughed for a damn long time first time i watched this
Lira
Not really. Most middle/upper class Brazilians who know about it probably watched it on cable, but unlike popular sitcoms like Friends and House MD, I can't remember the last time I heard someone talk about this programme.

It just isn't our kind of humour, I guess.
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by BTG
any one of these

I loved Norm's news, lol. All the incessant shots at OJ, lmao so good.

I spent the holidays watching pretty much ALL of the 90s and 2000s episodes of SNL on Netflix. A lot of the stuff from the 2000s is much better than I gave it credit for at the time.

Also, I love What's Up With That? With Keenan Thompson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs8bqeD8mUY

ziptnf
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
I loved Norm's news, lol. All the incessant shots at OJ, lmao so good.

Jim Breuer has all these great stories about Norm. My favorite story is this one about Norm with the press:
SNL Press Story

This one is about Norm and Chris Kattan. Jim Breuer has a spot-on Norm impression :haha:

Also, Dirty Work is probably one of my favorite comedy movies ever. :p
Silky Johnson
Note to self: buy wart cream for giant WART on my ASS.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement