return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Access Virus Classic
View this Thread in Original format
markawake
picked up one of these a few months back and could never get it in sync with cubase it always has a bit of delay,the only way iv found to get it going with the rest of my vsts is manually setting the delay on the track in cubase. any virus users no the best way to sync up the hardware? any help on this would be great. thanks
meriter
any outboard gear will have a little bit of a delay this isn't something specific to the virus
ralpheeee
I don't use cubase, but ableton live has something called delay compensation which sorts out that issue. maybe cubase has something similar? I have the same synth and don't have any delay issues with it in live.
markawake
thanks for getting back to me guys, iv bein on to access support and cubase with this issue before and delay compensation was mentioned, maybe some one can get this sorted for me iv bein looking into this for quite some time, iv also tried setting the virus to recive midi clock and setting cubase to send it i thought this might be it.
ralpheeee
Hey,

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but have you read the manual for cubase, because I'm sure that the answer will be contained within it's pages.

Delay compensation is certainly something that heaps and heaps of cubase users would need. I did a quick google search and there's also plenty of info on it out there. Try the cubase forum?

Also, check your virus manual, or download it from access website. There's a section in it that explains all the correct midi settings you will need for using it with a sequencer. Rather than utilising trial and error, do a bit of research, it will save you heaps of time and hassle.

Cheers!
markawake
i did check the manuals and have bein searching around forums but i still had no luck, il keep looking and go back over the manuals i have to be missing something appreciate the help mate
Richard Butler
Delay compensation is a little button to the top left of the main working screen usualy, but beware as it does some wierd things like disable sidechained compressors and then forget to re - enable them.

I have this problem with hardware too. TBH the best work around I've found is to play in the notes using a VST synth and then drag those notes from that track to the midi track fro the hardware synth so you know the midi positions are all correct.

Now you will still have an audi delay but you can drag the entire midi track back some until it sounds about right or just record using the midi without having dragged it and then you usualy find the actual recorded audio will be almost in time and just need a little dragging.

The other thing is in the devices menu for the audio interface sounbdcard), theres some little check box, I forget what it says, but it's in the midi page and something to do with timing / time stamp - tick it.

Try and see this issue as a positive in that it will give you some unusual timing that you never would have been able to play otherwise, once you've dragged it about that is.
markawake
Iv done all i can to find out what the problem was i read somewere that cubase does an automatic delay compensation and depending on the hardware and soundcard the amount is sometimes wrong.Heres a link to a workaround for hardware latency
http://www.cubasewiki.com/index.php...e_loopback_test

So doing it the way the link shows above...another way would be to find out how much delay is there and manually ajust the delay on the midi instrument thats the way iv bein doin it the past few months.

Iv read that the constrain delay compensation in the top left deactivates the automatic delay compensation should you need to do that for any reason, i had that timestamp ticked still same delay.
I may just keep note of how much delay is there at different buffer sizes because thats what bugs me when i need to change that
Subtle
Never had any sync problems with any hardware synth in Cubase ever, be sure to check the soundcard latency.
markawake
seems to be in sync with everything now no matter what buffer setting im using the delay compensation must be working :) i disabled the asio direct monitoring on the sound card and i think thats what fixed it
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement