return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Anyone now how to play .dat files (videoCD)?|??
View this Thread in Original format
Bellie
i have a VCD movie.But i can't seem to play the DAT file.

Everytime i open the file i get messages like.Format not supported;cannot play file in this system configuration!!

Somebody know how to solve this problem???
Pls help

GREETZ!!
you should try to open it in mediaplayer of realplayer
with those 2 programs you can open most of the music/image/movie-files

ADK
when i open it with Realplayer i get this message

MPEG by Bitcasting: File Format cannot find MPEG file header. This may not be an MPEG file.

But thats bull because by all my other friends the movie works perfectly.Maybe there is something wrong with the registry or something!!Reallty dont know.

GREETZ!
open your windows media player.
open 'my computer' and go to the mpeg folder on your vcd
then click and drag one the .dat files right into the windows media window and it should play
I already tried that guyz.It much more complicater then you think.I've tried everything.downloaded codecs,VCD players.But nothing helped.It just wont play VCD movies (*.dat file)

GREETZ!!
that is totally weird.....what windows are you using and which version of windows media player are you using?
windows '98 & Media player 7.

GREETZ!!
if it really doesn't work.. look to download VCD Power player.. if it doesn't work then.. ur VCD is defunct
done that too and still nothing!!!

And how can i fix that prob???

GREETZ!!!
Ever tried to rename the file to MPG or mpeg!!??

no that doesn't make a difference
it only changes the file extension but
the content is the exact same.
Media Player should be able to play .dat files because really they are just MPEG-1 files. Try downloading the older version Media Player 6.4. Version 7 has given me nothing but problems.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement