return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 
Compulsory army duties in Europe (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
Meat187
quote:
Originally posted by Banora
Most people I knew went the civil service route... but then again it IS Denmark.

So why did you join the Sushipunk Army HQ then?
Vector A
Greece has this as well, I remember. PETRAN (former regular in MD) pretty much stopped posting here once he had to do his mandatory service. Guess it changed him somehow.

:p
EgosXII
quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
Kangaroos with bomb vests

:stongue: :stongue:

That would be one unstoppable powerhouse of destruction!
Banora
quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
So why did you join the Sushipunk Army HQ then?

I wanted to train kangaroos how to operate bomb vests.
Meat187
How about ducks instead? They can fly, you know.
dj_alfi
quote:
Originally posted by Redd
99-00, delelagerassistent - var IKKE gøy

et par år før min det da hehe.. delelager ass? det er mek-troppen det da? er ikke det jævlig chill arbeid a? kjedelig, men chill liksom.
netroM
I had one cool year overall (not that it didn't have it's ty moments), up near the border to Russia. Didn't end up at one of the border stations, but got a pretty chill/cool job after a while.
Things I did:
- Start the day by cleaning up a bit around. (took like 5-10 mins)
- Do what our boss told us to do. (call people, pick up stuff in the town, sit in the reception, setup the movie theatre (put together the rolls of film, rewind, check that the film was proper etc))
Boss leaves:
- Sit in the reception with laptop, gaming. If other army dudes come in, help them out with stuff if possible.
- Loan out movies and/or games.
Banora
quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
How about ducks instead? They can fly, you know.

Don't be ridiculous, the bomb vests weigh too much for the ducks.
dj_alfi
quote:
Originally posted by netroM
I had one cool year overall (not that it didn't have it's ty moments), up near the border to Russia. Didn't end up at one of the border stations, but got a pretty chill/cool job after a while.
Things I did:
- Start the day by cleaning up a bit around. (took like 5-10 mins)
- Do what our boss told us to do. (call people, pick up stuff in the town, sit in the reception, setup the movie theatre (put together the rolls of film, rewind, check that the film was proper etc))
Boss leaves:
- Sit in the reception with laptop, gaming. If other army dudes come in, help them out with stuff if possible.
- Loan out movies and/or games.

haha... did you at least have a hot velfærdsoffiser?
tubularbills
quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby

Mandatory public service, be it military or civil I think is a good thing for societies.

Couldn't disagree more. The reason why our military is so great is because it's a volunteer force.

Sand Leaper
quote:
Originally posted by Redd
Earlier if you did this you had to do something called civil-duty, which is much like working for free for the community.

That's what I ended up doing, as I felt I could be of more use to society that way. I bitterly regret it now, as I was in dire need of maturing and getting some perspective at the time, which I'm sure military service could have provided me with.
Moral Hazard
quote:
Originally posted by tubularbills
Couldn't disagree more. The reason why our military is so great is because it's a volunteer force.

The reason your military is so great is because it has more money than anyone else's.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement