return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2012 / Miami Music Week 2012

Beatport beach party not happening this year?
View this Thread in Original format
Kam
does anyone know if the totally free Beatport beach party will be happening this year?

haven't seen any announcements anywhere.
stvy
Haven't heard anything but the Gansevoort is under new ownership now. Don't know if this affects anything
ramsau
quote:
Originally posted by Kam
haven't seen any announcements anywhere.

The announcement is only two weeks late from the date they announced it last year. The way parties gets announced this year (late) I wouldn't be worried at all.

There has been no announcement for Gansevoort thus far so, in my mind, Beatport is still happening. As soon as I see anything else announced for that venue, different story..
firefox™
still no news.. anyone has any info on this?
Kam
1 week to go and still nothing

RIP beatport beach party :conf: :conf: :mad: :mad:
firefox™
Not happening.. Posted on the Beatport Facebook page. My post was silently deleted (why making the wall even public to post for anyone then?)

However, there is another free pool party at the Perry (formerly Gansevoort):
http://ultraweek.blogspot.com/2012/...gansevoort.html

PS: But the lineup is pretty weak as compared with the Beatport pool parties. Except maybe Saturday: Matt Darey, Dirty Vegas, Paul Harris, Plastik Funk, Justin Sheppard, Alex Butler
mar46017
I saw free events at Gansevoort. Figured it was Beatport orientated. Lineup is decent.
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by firefox™
Not happening.. Posted on the Beatport Facebook page. My post was silently deleted (why making the wall even public to post for anyone then?)

whatd you post that they deleted it? :conf:
firefox™
quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
whatd you post that they deleted it? :conf:

Nothing special. Probably something like "Is there gonna be a Beatport Pool Party at WMC 2012?"

But if you check at https://www.facebook.com/beatport?sk=wall there are actually only posts from Beatport themselves, although they set the wall to public. So, I assume they delete all other posts..
SheshMe
This sucks! This one of my favorite parties last year. Nothing better than dancing bare foot in the sand into the night. ;)

civicstyle
They are doing a Beatport Lounge at Villa 221 this week. Sucks they aren't doing free parties this year...
SheshMe
quote:
Originally posted by civicstyle
They are doing a Beatport Lounge at Villa 221 this week. Sucks they aren't doing free parties this year...

Yeah I saw that, but not interested. Going to the Spin Agency Showcase on Sunday instead.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement