return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 Limited Edition Studio Monitor (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
DJ RANN
quote:
Originally posted by Normie
If it means anything to you, personally, I appreciate it greatly, since I'm about to purchase a set of monitors and some related equipment to upgrade from basic hi-fi stuff (as I get more serious/knowledgeable) and had considered the KRK Rokit8s. I'm going for the Yamaha HS80s instead. I'd probably be better off with the smaller ones TBH, but I'm 'future-proofing' as I don't have a fortune to spend and re-spend on monitors or anything else.

So in short, I'll be spending more but saving myself the hassle of regretting a purchase to begin with. The extra $ seems to be worth the 'hassle'.

Thank you.

Glad you found some use in it :)

The HS80's are an excellent choice for EDM. They boom a little in smaller spaces but if you can position them right (away from walls, on stands etc) they are detailed monitors with great bass response. Tehlord upgraded (albeit with initial reluctance) from KRK's to HS80's and I think his words were "these things have a zoom function" (talking about the detailed sound compared to his former speakers).

quote:
Originally posted by L4C
I think that is where some frustration comes from.

Like when people question my musical background. Its frustrating. In that i give you free advice that would cost you 300$. OF course because its free, i can throw names and .

But i don't take all his advice. HIs no subwoofer, which i suppose is echo'd by every engineer . well I don't follow because i listen to my genelecs at such low levels that i need the bass boost. Buy say for the Yamaha 80s, wouldn't use a sub for them. Those things just bass.

You know it does slightly piss me off. I did that painstaking ing test shootout then took the time to write my findings in an unbiased and open minded way as possible, using my experience in the audio industry as weathered gauge against all the brand marketing crap, and yet still people give me saying it's just my opinion or I'm wrong. I can take being wrong and I could care less if someone doesn't want to take my advice, but I have to admit I get peeved when people say "you're wrong because i like them, so they are good".

Just like you and your sub. You may well like it, but it doesn't make you right :p
Looney4Clooney
i wouldn't deny it. But I also wouldn't advertise as a free lance engineer. But nobody listens to monitors at the levels i do. And at that level, you aren't getting bass. So in my situtation, a sub makes up for the munson curve. And i do have the other 3 monitos for 5.1 which i will never ever attempt. 5.1 and then flying faders, jesus titty christ. I would need to rail a gravol.
Evolve140
quote:
Pop quiz:

Which did you miss by a wider margin?

A: The joke?
B: The fact that you asked the one and only question that tops "How do I make a Supersaw" for the number of times it's appeared here.
C: The search function?

Hint...all three.

Yours truly,
Jesus F. Christ ;)

thanks for nothing.

everyone else, thanks for the input :D
jayxthekoolest
Go demo speakers for yourself. I went to guitar center and tried pretty much all of the speakers mentioned here (aside from pairs above $1,000). I thought the only two worth owning were the Krk Rockits and the yamahas. i ended up choosing the yamahas because they had a much more honest sound and more open stereo image. the rockits had a tighter sound and a kind of punchy bass response i wasn't a fan of - not to mention i think the rockits are absolutely hideous. anyways, either one would work realistically. avicii uses the krk rockits and the mau5 used to use the rockits, so they'll definitely work if you like them
EddieZilker
quote:
Originally posted by jayxthekoolest
Go demo speakers for yourself. I went to guitar center and tried pretty much all of the speakers mentioned here (aside from pairs above $1,000). I thought the only two worth owning were the Krk Rockits and the yamahas. i ended up choosing the yamahas because they had a much more honest sound and more open stereo image. the rockits had a tighter sound and a kind of punchy bass response i wasn't a fan of - not to mention i think the rockits are absolutely hideous. anyways, either one would work realistically. avicii uses the krk rockits and the mau5 used to use the rockits, so they'll definitely work if you like them

Hrrrmmmmm....

15+ years of studio work vs. 15 minutes in a Guitar Center...
jayxthekoolest
quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
Hrrrmmmmm....

15+ years of studio work vs. 15 minutes in a Guitar Center...

http://www.amazon.com/Blink-Power-T...t/dp/0316172324

EDIT: I mean, it isn't rocket science.

EDIT2: And I am the only person here who was able to tell which compressor out of 8 was a hardware compressor...

...i.e. I have golden ears
EddieZilker
quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Blink-Power-T...t/dp/0316172324

I've already read it. Don't get me started on a topic like intuitive thought.
jayxthekoolest
quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
I've already read it. Don't get me started on a topic like intuitive thought.

OK

Normie
quote:
OK

Yea...on that...I sure Hope we get some Change in November.
jayxthekoolest
quote:
Yea...on that...I sure Hope we get some Change in November.

Eh, to be really honest, this isn't the best place for a political discussion

Normie
quote:
Eh, to be really honest, this isn't the best place for a political discussion

I totally agree... why did you start one?
jayxthekoolest
quote:
I totally agree... why did you start one?

My bad.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Privacy Statement