return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2012 / Miami Music Week 2012

Pages: [1] 2 3 
im ****ed!
View this Thread in Original format
drEamer
rented a condo back in october, 1100 biscayne, yesterday the agent emailed me to tell me the owners dont want to rent it out the last week of march because they are scared of partiers wrecking their .......actually, some friends booked in the same building, same fate....do i have any hopes of getting a decent condo, price and location?
Pantone199c
quote:
Originally posted by drEamer
rented a condo back in october, 1100 biscayne, yesterday the agent emailed me to tell me the owners dont want to rent it out the last week of march because they are scared of partiers wrecking their .......actually, some friends booked in the same building, same fate....do i have any hopes of getting a decent condo, price and location?

Wow. Why didn't they let you know way ahead of time, better yet why not just set up a damage deposit which you would get back once they place was checked out. Sucks man, I hope you get it sorted out.
Rissinite
Check kayak.com, you're prob going to have to lower your expectations some if you don't want to pay through the roof. Couple of reasonable prices in Midtown
Zo
quote:

Damn I f@#$% too then...
I was planing to leave my back pack @ ur place while i was @ Miami cuz my Appt is on SOBE :sadgreen:

Now i need to relocated :rolleyes:
PatMcGroin
wow. i would be so pissed. im so sorry.

i would try my best to reassure them you are not there for those reasons and you will not wreck their place. explain to them in how bad of a position they have now put you in and maybe you can make them feel bad enough. its probably all for not but what else can ya do?

also maybe theres some contract you signed? its kinda ing bs that they back out now. had it been in oct or nov okay, but now?!

really hoping it all somehow works out for you.
drEamer
yea, i got a feeling its gonna be a bitch getting our deposits back too....ugh....kayak huh? will do! thanks
stvy
best of luck. I'd try to be sincere (if you already haven't) about it like Pat said and try to get them to believe that that is not what you are there for and it leaves you in a bad position. I know it's tough sometimes dealing w/Miami people because a lot of them can't speak a lick of english.

My first year going I had a bad experience w/the person we dealt with for the condo. We all got to the condo (Me, my gf, and the guy) I told him how much of a jerk off he was and he wouldn't even admit fault. I was fuming and he was scared less. I was so ready to knock him out my gf had to cool me off. I'm usually pretty calm for the most part. At that point there was no way was going to try and find another place.

Anyways enough of that. What are your dates staying and I know it's tough to be picky at this point but what are you looking to spend? I'll try to help
drEamer
the problem is, there were 9 of us total....5 in one, and 4 in the other.......found one house for all of us, but its like up on 122nd and something......i found a condo that would fit 5 of us, halfway to the airport, but what about the others....just leave them to their own devices now?
stvy
quote:
the problem is, there were 9 of us total....5 in one, and 4 in the other.......found one house for all of us, but its like up on 122nd and something......i found a condo that would fit 5 of us, halfway to the airport, but what about the others....just leave them to their own devices now?

damn...give me some dates I'll shoot the guy we're staying with a message. the place we are staying at the whole building is completely renovated. They stripped it down to nothing and redid everything and just finished recently. I know the guy has a good amount of units he rents out in the building I can check to see if he has any more available. It's located in a good spot in SoBe around 13th I think. Paying like 750 for a full week 1BR full kitchen living room etc. he has different style units 2br, studios and stuff.
drEamer
quote:
Originally posted by stvy
damn...give me some dates I'll shoot the guy we're staying with a message. the place we are staying at the whole building is completely renovated. They stripped it down to nothing and redid everything and just finished recently. I know the guy has a good amount of units he rents out in the building I can check to see if he has any more available. It's located in a good spot in SoBe around 13th I think. Paying like 750 for a full week 1BR full kitchen living room etc. he has different style units 2br, studios and stuff.
21-27th preferably.....21-26 for sure...just a few of us are staying to the 27th...maybe email me directly, byvghost@gmail.com....and thanks, much appreciated

Dream Beamz
Did their contract allow them out at anytime without reason? If attempted peaceful negotiations fail it would be time for me to call my attorney because of all of the additional cost that will be incurred
drEamer
quote:
Originally posted by Dream Beamz
Did their contract allow them out at anytime without reason? If attempted peaceful negotiations fail it would be time for me to call my attorney because of all of the additional cost that will be incurred
calling mar46017!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement