return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2012 / Miami Music Week 2012

 
Rainy WMC week eh ?
View this Thread in Original format
Kam
just checked the weather , looks like its probably gonna be a bit of a cloudy WMC week. On the bright side, the average low is only 71 , so it wont be cold at all even at night.

I remember a few years back going to a pool party in the rain, was actually quite fun.


http://beta.weather.com/weather/tenday/33139:4:US
civicstyle
I remember doing Ultra for my first time back in 2007 and it was raining. Recall seeing Sasha & Digweed at the main stage and they were covered over a tarp and spinning. We danced like madmen. Eventually, one of the cdj's went out, they replaced it and we kept going. That was the only year I recall it being like that. Every year it may drizzle for just a few if that.

Just hope the weather is good for the Sasha boat party as I dropped some coin for those tickets.

It doesn't show the rain in this one but man did it come down during that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCyX1I0x9D8
chillenandy321
Yeah saw the weather for Miami looks rainy. Fuk sucks hopefully it will change since it still being early :)
drEamer
quote:
Originally posted by civicstyle
I remember doing Ultra for my first time back in 2007 and it was raining. Recall seeing Sasha & Digweed at the main stage and they were covered over a tarp and spinning. We danced like madmen. Eventually, one of the cdj's went out, they replaced it and we kept going. That was the only year I recall it being like that. Every year it may drizzle for just a few if that.

Just hope the weather is good for the Sasha boat party as I dropped some coin for those tickets.

It doesn't show the rain in this one but man did it come down during that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCyX1I0x9D8
i remember that, i couldnt handle that downpour anymore, ended up leaving, and it stopped just in time for PVD
stvy
looking ahead on forecasts more than a day is totally useless. thought people knew that already :D living in new england teaches you that real quick. just this week it hit mid 70s now its not even out of the 30s
entro
Hopefully it doesn't get torrential... Saw Lawler during Halloween @ the Pickle and the flooded. Like, HARD. There was prolly 1 inch of water downstairs and literally 8+ inches around the entire block...Good thing we took the SUV...Saw some people leave the club and see their mini cooper parked out front and just scream profanity. :stongue:
civicstyle
quote:
Originally posted by stvy
looking ahead on forecasts more than a day is totally useless. thought people knew that already :D living in new england teaches you that real quick. just this week it hit mid 70s now its not even out of the 30s


True. Just waiting to get there. Want to get away from and party!
mar46017
Nah

The rain comes, the rain goes....

...don't even look at the weather report. That region of the world always shows Thundershowers on the weather report.

Same BS for BPM Festival in Playa Del Carmen.....weather report always showed rain and in the 80's.
swerve311
Hey dude, how was BPM btw?

Thinking about heading down this new years
mar46017
quote:
Originally posted by swerve311
Hey dude, how was BPM btw?

Thinking about heading down this new years


It was fun! Mostly techno / minimal DJ's. More commercial DJ's like Steve Angello, Dirty South, Funkagenda and Cedric Gervais also played this last year.

I'd recommend getting a group together and renting a house in Playacar which is the gated community in Playa Del Carmen.

Cool1g
forecast looks pretty good now. other than a passing shower or two which is common should be pretty nice...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
 
Privacy Statement