return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Upcoming software or hardware you're excited about?
View this Thread in Original format
Vector A
Kind of a broad topic, but relevant for me since I haven't bought any new production stuff, not even upgrades to my DAW software, in years. What are some new software or hardware releases that you are looking forward to these days?

(Not that I have the money to blow on new stuff at the moment, either, but hey, a guy can dream!)
clay
i looked at elektron octatrack but its not for me. to limited, more like a dj/live device, but still it looks kinda cool. also im looking forward to osx mountain lion in a few weeks for some reason i do not know. hopefully itl be a little less buggy than lion.
Deillon
The new FL studio 10.5 with performance mode so I can hook it up with my launchpad. Beta is out, but a bit unstable :/
dj_alfi
quote:
Originally posted by Deillon
The new FL studio 10.5 with performance mode so I can hook it up with my launchpad. Beta is out, but a bit unstable :/

Can't say I've run into any instability issues, except maybe 64-bit plugins but there may be other reasons for them not working optimally, i don't know. Have honestly not tried out the performance mode for more than five minutes. I guess I'm too lazy to figure out how to map it properly, or I've been pre-occupied with getting a better grip on my Traktor 2.5 with my Kontrol S2 & F1's yo! And before anyone accuses me of lying, yes they are real, I got them for xmas and b-day respectively. I still feel like a noob playing with them though :p

Kinda side-tracked into DJ territory, but at least it gave me an idea for a thread here, link 2 come.
evo8
I ordered a Blofeld the other day so that should arrive soon - excited to start playing with it and seeing what its capable of

Software wise...not aware of anything forthcoming that i want, maybe a new Valhalla plugin is on the way so ill be having that

Having said that, Fabfilter Saturn kind of came out of nowhere for me and its just savage, so who knows......
Juan Paulino
gettng focaltwins 6be next week.
tehlord
I'd like to see a nice 8 channel analogue valve summing mixer with pulteq and Air eq that can route audio out from my DAW via USB that costs less than £1000.

I'd also like to be a foot taller, 10 years younger and 10,000 times wealthier.
sicc
I havent even looked for anything new, or desired anything new. For the time being I'm perfectly content with my old Alesis second gen monitors, ableton 8, MPK akai mini, all of abletons effects, and my small handfull of great vsts. That will probably change in the next 2 years or so when I decide to finally build a live set rig.
evo8
Another thing thats coming soon is The Drop from Cytomic - demos sound really good, might be a nice compliment to my UAD Moog Filter
Deillon
quote:
Originally posted by dj_alfi
Can't say I've run into any instability issues, except maybe 64-bit plugins but there may be other reasons for them not working optimally, i don't know. Have honestly not tried out the performance mode for more than five minutes.

I assigned some of the pads to chords of a layer of 3 synths and started jamming quite fast, ended up in a bluescreen :(

cryophonik
Apparently, Valhalla has something new coming out soon, so I'm pretty excited to see what that could be.

Other than that, I'm excited (more like irritated that it's taking so f'ing long) for SoundToys and a few others to get their damned 64-bit plugins out. :whip:
alanzo

Waldorf Pulse II

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement