return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Lumosity
View this Thread in Original format
lostpsyte
Do you guys reckon it's worth it? I don't even know if this stuff actually makes you smarter, but after doing 10 minutes worth of games I usually feel wired as . I reckon it might be worth it just for doing some games on it before homework or something.
Desiderata
quote:
Originally posted by lostpsyte
Do you guys reckon it's worth it? I don't even know if this stuff actually makes you smarter, but after doing 10 minutes worth of games I usually feel wired as . I reckon it might be worth it just for doing some games on it before homework or something.

I did all the free stuff and now they won't stop spamming me. If I could afford it (don't know how much it is):o . I might unlock everything on the site.
LAdazeNYnights
I made a thread about this like 3-4 months back. I can't remember. I've been doing it since then, though. I do think it is worth it though - I've already noticed some changes. My short term memory, for instance, has improved. It also works well as a motivation tool for me - I sit down to do my daily training and then often spend the next 4 hours studying, doing homework, or getting work done.
Desiderata
quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
I made a thread about this like 3-4 months back. I can't remember. I've been doing it since then, though. I do think it is worth it though - I've already noticed some changes. My short term memory, for instance, has improved. It also works well as a motivation tool for me - I sit down to do my daily training and then often spend the next 4 hours studying, doing homework, or getting work done.

What are you paying?
LAdazeNYnights
I pay monthly, but I think I'm gonna just buy a 1 year package now. IDK how much the 1year is, but it's certainly cheaper than what I'm paying now - $15 a month.
Desiderata
quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
I pay monthly, but I think I'm gonna just buy a 1 year package now. IDK how much the 1year is, but it's certainly cheaper than what I'm paying now - $15 a month.

$15 isn't to bad. I'm going to look into this.;)
lostpsyte
Yeh I just bought monthly. Really wasn't expecting to be spending money on something like this but hey as that guy said it can trigger you to be motivated to study and if it has long/medium term effects that's a great bonus.
Desiderata
I'll give it a monthly try as well, then.
LAdazeNYnights
A lot of the testimonials on the site feature old people - "81 years old and I feel sharper than ever!" Younger generations obviously spend too much time wasting away behind computer screens, so I can only imagine that I'm not nearly as sharp as I ought to be. I've been improving consistently on there. I have reached a point, though, where over the last month my BPI has increased by only 50 points. Speed is my worst category and flexibility is my best. There's only a 100 point difference between the two
lostpsyte
The word bubble one is bull, I get at least one word (that's legit) every time that isn't even in their dictionary.

For instance for in I had
insolvency
&
interdimensional but apparently they weren't accepted. off :mad:

Also does anyone get the puzzle thing where there's different rules for up and down and left and right? It'll say something like "vertical animals must match" then I put something that doesn't match and it'll accept it the next time.

Or like, I have a rabbit with a blue base, then try and put a elephant with a brown base, it'll say vertically animals must match... so rejected. Then I put a rabbit with a blue base below the elephant and apparently that's fine.

So what's everyone's BPI's btw? Mine's at 841 currently.

Desiderata
I did the free stuff awhile back and that was all. I don't think I have a score(?) and if I do it has to be very average but I'll check the site.
LAdazeNYnights
my best game is that word bubbles one i think lolll :p
but i know what you're saying about it not accepting stuff sometimes. can be quite annoying

and my bpi is pretty high, as i've been doing it for sometime...
Overall: 1428
Speed: 1378
Memory: 1430
Attention: 1415
Flexibility: 1480
Problem Solving: 1441

Up only 48 points in the last 4 weeks. :haha:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement