return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
Freaky .... will it be held ??
View this Thread in Original format
KrinKer
Due to the fact that last year freaky was held @ the sona and the fact that celebration line-uip was .... let's say not that good + the fact that connected got cancelled ( ok it was connected month @ the sona but it was not THE connected .... the event ) + the fact that oasis was cancelled due to the fact that no good dj's wanted to play at Oasis ( sorry i had to say that ) + the fact that this year cream line-up was .... awfull ( let's say the good words ).

My big question is ... will freaky be held ... and will it live up to it's reputation ( i meant dj speaking ... the first one had digweed and deep dish headlining, last year Seb fontaine and max graham where headlining.... ) will they give us something as good ??

KrinKer
sylphin
quote:
Originally posted by KrinKer
Due to the fact that last year freaky was held @ the sona and the fact that celebration line-uip was .... let's say not that good + the fact that connected got cancelled ( ok it was connected month @ the sona but it was not THE connected .... the event ) + the fact that oasis was cancelled due to the fact that no good dj's wanted to play at Oasis ( sorry i had to say that ) + the fact that this year cream line-up was .... awfull ( let's say the good words ).

My big question is ... will freaky be held ... and will it live up to it's reputation ( i meant dj speaking ... the first one had digweed and deep dish headlining, last year Seb fontaine and max graham where headlining.... ) will they give us something as good ??

KrinKer

last year it was @ sona.. so it dont count =)

.. true reason why these large events are cancelled are that DJ, Venues, and security cost too much to be worthwild. back in teh day, most promotors could break even on ticket sales (if lucky) then rake in the cash on consessions, not when they hold events at Molson center
KrinKer
Don't care if it's held at the sona. .. as long as the line-up is as killer as the last two editions ( the only two editions you'll say )

Let's hope the headliner is good .... 'cause this year headliner for 514 weren't that good....

Celebration ... don'T get me started
Swirl - OK picotto + Tall paul + Graham was pretty good
Froza - ... execpt for tiesto .. there was nothing good
Craem - ..... humm ?? was green velvet headlining ??? that's not wath 514 used to give us !!

I have big expectations for Freaky last two eaditions were INCREDIBLE ( well .. first one was better ).

But i'll guess that 514 will try to keep some money to be able to do a good celebration ... with a good headliner this year ;) ( lol )

KrinKer
mastercongo
i would mind if it was at sona. cause last year whoa come on!!!! like more than an hour just for the coat check. :S that sucked pretty bad. and it was packed as hell! everywere :( too bad cause seb and graham had killer sets
Biggy
And... You need to know that Luke Slater is playing Aria on the friday and Steve Lawler on the saturday for a crazy Halloween week-end!
DARK MAN X
THERE WILL BE NO FREAKY THIS YEAR, ANY MONEY 514 MADE FROM CREAM WILL GO TO A NEW SONA, IF THEY GO AHEAD WITH THAT. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ANY BIG NAMES AT SONA ANYMORE. ITS TO BAD BUT I THINK WEVE SEEN THE END OF 514.

PEACE
KrinKer
We haven't seen the end of 514 ( anyway i hope not they did trew the best damn party in montreal ... if 514 dies .... there will be two good party per year in mtl ( Bal en blanc and the black and blue )

Everybody tought that 514 would die after wath hapenned to swirl last year ... but they're still up and running ( not as fast as they where before you'll say ) but still dthey did manage to throw 2 good party this yea ( swirl and cream )

Let's just hope that freaky won't be cancelled ...

And yeah i agree last year freaky was freaky ( lol ) but stil ... seb fontaine and max graham did my night that night !! I want something like that this year !!!

KrinKer

P.S. Biggy i know for luke slater ... i'm gonna be at the dag on thursday october 31st :)
ahlamalek
I just got checked "nigthlife" magazine and there was an ad for Sona with the usual "club wars" and on the bottom a little word saying "countdown"...

i'm anxious to see this new Sona.
ZinG
seems Sona want to fight among eachother:p
Czaoth
#1 i really hope 514 stays in business because it's good to have options

#2 problems that where plaguing 514 at Sona, ie their environment getting too hot and too packed, well Aria is becoming like that. For example, Oakie was great but the environment sucked because of heat and a crowded place

my 2 cents

fastmp3
hey that was totally normal for an oakenfold night , don't forget who oakenfold is , i'm sure 75% of those who were there don't make the difference between trance or house , they went there because it's OAKENFOLD (paul van oakenfold that techno dj on internet)
ahlamalek
hmm... Oakenfold night was like the extreme at Aria. Don't forget also that it was in the middle of summer!

This summer, even when Aria wasn't packed it was still hot because of the outside temp.

As for Sona I really hope it stays open, its a big plus for Montreal. (also they can keep their shaddy clientele) ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement