return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

24 Hours at Marquee
View this Thread in Original format
omega1n
http://www.gq.com/news-politics/men...?printable=true
SillySilvia
quote:
This is a function of the electronic dance music (EDM) phenomenon, which blew up in America about three years ago when the Black Eyed Peas recorded "I Gotta Feeling" with the French DJ David Guetta. If you want to understand the message and vibe of the music, go YouTube that one. It's cotton candy, it's confection, pure upness, not so much a song as an anthem, almost remedial in the simplicity of its message and lyrics (tonight's gonna be a good night), that sounds a little like if the heightened heartbeat of someone on Ecstasy were amplified and musicalized. It means only one thing: Yay! Fun! Yay! Fun! Woo! Yay! For a more recent version, see Rihanna's collaboration with Calvin Harris, "We Found Love."

:whip:
72hrpartyanimal
this is actually quite a good read. very funny. I love how he pokes fun at the EC Twins :)
mar46017
quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
this is actually quite a good read. very funny. I love how he pokes fun at the EC Twins :)

Ya, I thought it was a good read. I wonder if the owners knew he would write something like this and if they are now regretting welcoming him with open arms.

Guess it isn't that bad.
LAdazeNYnights
The article mentions that Benassi is "one of the class of maybe a dozen and a half DJs who get paid anywhere from $50,000 to $150,000 to show up at a Las Vegas nightclub and play music for three or four hours."

Who are the other 15 or so?
Tiesto, Deadmau5, Avicii, Afrojack, Guetta, Skrillex, SHM [do the 3 of them playing separately command that sort of fee, too? or maybe just axwell?), Armin... and who else? Do we add Markus to the list? PVD even? Who am I missing?
Just wondering.
LAdazeNYnights
also, i thought this line:

quote:
There must have been a hundred of them, and all of them, like really all of them, were wearing virtually identical tiny dresses and platform shoes that used to be a kind of sartorial wink that meant: I get paid money to give blow jobs.

was ing hilarious hahahahahahahhaha
bucky
Great read!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement