return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
USA Nightlife Vs UK Nightlife
View this Thread in Original format
Lukescotty
Has anyone been to both countries and experienced both? London has got some really good clubs, but how do they compare to the ones in the states?
EarnYourKeep
i've never left my apartment
Acton
quote:
Originally posted by Lukescotty
Has anyone been to both countries and experienced both?

Yes... but damn, the one time a decent looking thread pops up, I'm too pissed to comment on it coherently (I've tried to articulate my thoughts for the past 15mins, but I failed).

It also took me 5mins to write that. Will comment tomorrow.

Someone set my alarm. Thanks.
Spacey Orange
i'd factor in the time a club stops selling alcohol. in california they can't sell beyond 2 am but most stop selling at 1:30ish, which imho is lame.

how is it in the UK?
Intellekshual
quote:
Originally posted by Acton
Yes... but damn, the one time a decent looking thread pops up, I'm too pissed to comment on it coherently (I've tried to articulate my thoughts for the past 15mins, but I failed).

It also took me 5mins to write that.

:stongue:
Looney4Clooney
quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
i'd factor in the time a club stops selling alcohol. in california they can't sell beyond 2 am but most stop selling at 1:30ish, which imho is lame.

how is it in the UK?

they don't have last call or so i remember reading. They say it is to disperse the patrons as they leave as Brits love to a good game of fistycuffs. Basically, its like survivor. Last call is only dictated by your liver or that girl you plan on rapping. Or boy. It doesn't really matter. That is how hard they get down. I would imagine USA clubs are full of shirtless guys dancing like gorillas and teasing muffin tops that will go home with you , let you touch a tit and then say you raped them when the shame of being a slut starts to percolate as the alcohol dissipates. Also, everyone is drinking redbull and vodka thinking how euro they are. YOu want to speed ball, do it right. Every time i look at people drinking that cocktail, i show them my veins and the bag of meth i keep in my crotch.

I've never really been clubbing in USA. Few places in NYC but i'm 30 and i go to places that don't let people of colour in unless it is for a job application. Not my choice. My girlfriend makes those decisions. I decide what order the cutlery goes in the drawer. RIght now, i'm rocking the spoons on the right. Whatever, i'm just open minded like that.
Blake
Apart from the States and Canada, I've only had the pleasure of clubbing in Germany & Belgium. If the UK scene is anything like it is farther East, in Europe, then I expect most clubs in the States would seem lame by comparison. They seem to put so, so much more effort into their clubbing establishments overseas.

I've always wanted to hit up Sub Club, in Scotland.

IMO, the best "clubbing" in NY takes place outside of clubs entirely. The underground techno & house scenes here are ideal, and usually take place in lofts, on rooftops, and inside warehouses. They're often illegal, and almost always pack impeccable sound systems, makeshift lighting (including everything from lasers & strobes, to 3D image mapping & holograms, to absolutely no lighting whatsoever :nervous: ), friendly unpretentious hosts and patrons, buttloads of drugs, and the stench of sweat from people dancing & enjoying themselves.

I've worked the front door of underground techno events around the city for the past year or so, and tourists from all over are usually extremely pleased if they've happened to stumble into one of these parties, by chance.

The only CLUB club that I'd still consider setting foot in in NY would have to be Cielo... The sound system in there is quite possibly the best on the East Coast. Also, it's quite gorgeous.

I'm most curious about the underground scenes in the UK (among other parts of the world). Anyone care to enlighten?
david.michael
^ that place looks pretty awesome.
Trancealot
Clubs in USA IMO are just full of people and few are jerks. It's hard to tell how nice it is because they are soooo packed sometimes!
Those pictures of cielo are crazy because it looks nothing like I would expect because it's empty.
Vivid Boy
London clubs are wayyyyy better. at the beginning of the night the chicks are so posh but by 3 am theyre just walking up and making out with you and none of them know where canada is on a map!

snatonsb
I enjoy the club scene in Miami but never been to the UK.
Lunar Phase 7
In the UK save for the odd spot in Liverpool, Leeds and Manchester clubbing is dire north of London.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement