return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Who else is ALSO sick of ....
View this Thread in Original format
occrider
Everybody who is bitching, complaining, and whining about 9/11 and America in general? Give me a break ... you say WE are feeling sorry for ourselves? Look at yourselves ... you're complaining about how INCONVENIENCED you all are by coverage of this and how a big portion of America looks upon this day as a momentous event. Maybe Swamper should open up a lets trash america forum. You guys certainly talk so much crap you could certainly fill it up in no time at all. You make fun of Bush for being dumb ... you make fun of Clinton for the sex scandals ... how many Americans went out of their way to make fun of Chirac for his mistresses? Or how about Princess Di for her lovers and ? You guys are like a bunch of gossiping housewives that sit around all day complaining.
quddha
Oh stop complaining about people complaining. :rolleyes:

Truth is, the US president and NYC is so well known globally. Most people on this forum can name the last 3 US presidents. Now ask those same people to name the last 3 Canadian or British Prime Ministers off the top of their heads. :P

Having a very flamboyant media comes with being in the spotlight. And being so heavily influential on the international world means that whatever happens in America DOES affect the entire globe. So I think people have a right to bitch and complain all they want, because these events aren't just isolated to your country, they affect us all.
sothis
had you read any of my posts for the last 2 months you would see how against america bashing i am. however, this 9-11 incident irritates me .. AND IM AN AMERICAN. just goes to show that its not just other countries who were sick of the exploitation of that day by the media.
a-aplz
Only thing I'm sick of is when nothing is on TV but that. :p
trancaholic
quote:
Originally posted by occrider
...You make fun of Bush for being dumb ... you make fun of Clinton for the sex scandals ... how many Americans went out of their way to make fun of Chirac for his mistresses? Or how about Princess Di for her lovers and ? You guys are like a bunch of gossiping housewives that sit around all day complaining.

I challenge you to find a single post ridiculing Clinton. And while you're at it, why don't you count up all of those posts ridiculing your current president for being dumb (I know several exists criticising his policies regarding foreign affairs - but that's something else). I think that you will find your accusations are based on nothing.

It seems there's a new thread about all this american bashing every week, yet I all I see is threads questioning the ways of the Bush administration - which, considering that the US is the worlds sole superpower, is fair in my book. If some of you fail to distinguish between this and attacks on America and americans in general, then you are the ones who are dumb.
jploveparade
quote:
British Prime Ministers off the top of their heads. :P

Margaret Thatcher, John Major and Tony Blair

Dunno bout the Canadian prime ministers :(
Endre

................d...e...e...p...annoying.

biznology
wow, i must not be in the right social circle, cause people are getting really worked up about this.

like its been said before, our media isnt just confined to America, and THATS the reason most people are often less than indifferent to the US. Whenever i go overseas you get a small amount of ridicule, stupid questions and the like about America.

-Why do ALL cops have moustaches?
-Do you ALL drive expensive cars?
-Wow, I thought you would all be fat and lazy!
(all of these came from a Swedish high school class)

why do they ask these things? cause thats what they see on Cops, or the new Jay-z video. you cant blame them, and once people actually MEET an American they begin to realize we arent what they picture in their heads(most of the time-im being optimistic here tho). youve also gotta separate yourself from what they are saying.

-I KNOW Bush is an idiot.
-So what if Clinton hooked up, most Euros find that commendable.

beyond that, for all the people getting worked up about the US(whether American(US) or not), go out and find something that has nothing to do with country or nationalism for awhile, hide in the woods for example...;) peas|
ftnb
Bleh.
Izzy
i too am completely outraged and sickened at the american bashing going on here... and im not even a citizen of the US. here are some examples i've found after just a quick search, i bet i can find a ton more if i take the time.
quote:

the demon:
The US thinks that it has all the right that it can blame others but not themselves. They're just not bullies but a bunch of hippacrits. Lets look them in persprictive 1)If it wasn't for Hollywood, they wouldn't be as big as influence on the rest of the world 2) They think that people give a about everything that happens to them (hence a reason for 9/11) 3)They think its their right to interfere with other people's bisuness 4)They're losers 5)George Bush is mentally challenged 6)They're losers 7)They blow sooooo much money on millitary power but couldn't even prevent 9/11 8)They're losers 9)They have no health insurrance 10)They're even bigger losers 11)They believe Arnold Schwarzenegger is a typical American 12)George Bush can't spell his own name 13)Texans run the country 14)Our busines is there's 15)Wheel of fortune sucks 16)Their beer sucks 17)They suck 18)American people woudl rather jump out of windows rather than taking an elevator 19)They think dog spray is a food seasoner 20)They can't count to 20

quote:

jploveparade:
...but the politicians in the US are a bunch of lowlifes!

quote:

nicke:
ok, so 3000 people died, but.. (preparing to get flamed) it's not my problem. I just dont care.. sorry to all US ta's.. I'm not too good at varing about something that hasnt got anything to do with my friends.. so go on, flame me as much as you want, I dont care

quote:

hybrid junkie:
btw, Bush, You're a !

and then there are the countless threads and arguements on how americans have ruined the world order and non sense like that... i've been real aggitated about all this lately, its as if 9/11, an attack agianst the US has made people hate the america even more.

CortexBomb
quote:
Originally posted by trancaholic
It seems there's a new thread about all this american bashing every week, yet I all I see is threads questioning the ways of the Bush administration - which, considering that the US is the worlds sole superpower, is fair in my book. If some of you fail to distinguish between this and attacks on America and americans in general, then you are the ones who are dumb.

Man, great post...that completely sums up how I feel about this entire shindig.

It seems people on here are a little too quick to assume that just because you criticize the *government* that it necessarily means you dislike the *ordinary people* as well.

I mean christ, Sothis, one of the most ardent defenders of the US in most of the recent discussions, was involved in the "Sick of Media Coverage" thread. That alone should tell people that it's not just a few callous wackos from the EU who are sick and tired of seeing e everywhere in the media for the past year...
amit
STFU...I HATE THESE THREADS....EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP!!!!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement