return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Deep Dub Tech/deep house. Spatial Consciousness.
View this Thread in Original format
sicc

Been a while folks.
Evolve140
The mixdown seems a bit subdued. First thing I noticed is the percussion bus or the hihats themselves could use a bit of a squeeze compression wise. Nice and deep, pretty moody as well. There aren't any real gaping holes in the mix, I just feel like it could be mixed down a little tighter. I don't seem to hear any bussing. One other thing is I feel like some of the frequency range might be dominated by the FX/granular/FM sounds, maybe mix that in a little tighter? Cool track man!
sicc
quote:
Originally posted by Evolve140
The mixdown seems a bit subdued. First thing I noticed is the percussion bus or the hihats themselves could use a bit of a squeeze compression wise. Nice and deep, pretty moody as well. There aren't any real gaping holes in the mix, I just feel like it could be mixed down a little tighter. I don't seem to hear any bussing. One other thing is I feel like some of the frequency range might be dominated by the FX/granular/FM sounds, maybe mix that in a little tighter? Cool track man!

Yeah, started a new mixing technique that takes a whole new space of attention. Very good points, the cymbals are moving and rhythmic, but lackluster in the mix for certain. Going to re-visit this one with a friend soon in some mastering process he wants to teach me. thanks for your comments evolve.
Woony
I like it. Massive improvement over that dub techno track you posted here a few months ago.
sicc
quote:
Originally posted by Woony
I like it. Massive improvement over that dub techno track you posted here a few months ago.

Thanks woony! and thanks for your references back when I put that older track up. your suggestions kind of guided me into a new realm of music which has become my passion. Working with a little net label now to put out a couple deep techno tracks, got a handful of tracks not out yet for public consumption that are going on that label and my friends collab album we are doing. ill keep yall posted.
Richard Butler
My fave track of yours, really deep and chillworthy.
sicc
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
My fave track of yours, really deep and chillworthy.

Haha, thanks man. good to here from you!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement