return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Tracks Section > Tracklist Requests / Postings

Dave Clarke (Skint) @ Subject at POGO, The Twisted Pepper Dublin (22.12.2012) FULL SET
View this Thread in Original format
Bloodstream

Dave Clarke is an English techno DJ, producer and radio presenter, often given the title: The Baron of Techno. In the late 1980s, Clarke used to write reviews for a few UK magazines, such as Mixmag Update, Generator and ID, and was the first to review Aphex Twin.
In the 1990s, he began producing and releasing music using the moniker ‘Hardcore’. This project was subsequently licensed to the Belgian label R&S, enabling Clarke to be one of the first UK based artists to record in the R&S studio in Ghent, and get signed by the label.

He’s also built up his White Noise radio show on the Dutch station 3FM, interviewing artists ranging from John Foxx to Coldcut to Broken Social Scene but the thrust of the show is still to cast light on exciting new music “The most important point is to air music that other stations and DJs don’t have the power to,” he says, “music that wouldn’t normally be given a chance. I can just go where I want with it although it’s still 99% techno and electro.” The same applies to his White Noise label. Emphatically not a vanity project for his own releases, it has instead hosted boutique vinyl pressings (alongside the usual digital fare) for gleaming new material by artists such as Frank Kusserov, Noirdegout, Woody McBride, Marco Bernadi, Terence Fixmer and The Hacker. These and other tunes will be chopped, hammered, filleted and turned on their heads during Clarke’s DJ sets. That’s where he comes alive, where skills honed for years blow venues apart. A 2009 highlight, for instance, was the fifteenth birthday party of FUSE, the Brussels club where his standing is second-to-none, where he’s developed an extraordinary relationship with the crowd. He speaks of it with his breath catching, as thrilled as ever by the ride the music takes him on. “I love having a crowd absolutely hanging by a thread, completely gripped,” he announces passionately, “I often say to myself in the middle of a set, ‘I ****ing love my job’.” It’s true. He really does. And it shows.

Dave Clarke (Skint Records) @ Subject at POGO, The Twisted Pepper - Dublin, Ireland (22.12.2012) by Evil Concussion on Mixcloud

█▀▀ █▀█ █▀█ █
█▄▄ █▄█ █▄█ █▄█

☆ ☆ ☆ T R A C K L I S T I N G ☆ ☆ ☆
... very soon ...

♛ ♛ ♛ Free Download without talkings = http://uploaded.net/file/72gwkomr ♛ ♛ ♛
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement