return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Problems with the EQ
View this Thread in Original format
dJohn
Damn. I thought I had it. Man was I wrong.
How do you guys adjust the levels on your EQ during your transitions?? I asked this already, but I really gotta know how to adjust the levels so that the transitions sound fluid.
Maybe it's the mixer I'm using...I'm using a very basic American DJ mixer, so..
Also, how proportionate is your guy's use of the crossfader and channel volumes?
Spin Doctor
For regular mixing I use the channel faders. I find it’s easier to use this to get the results I want. Don’t dismiss the crossfader however, I still use that for tricks and effects etc...

Using EQ’s is a bit subjective though. The same goes for how quickly I fade in and out. There are so many variables that need to be taken into account. Basically however, the principle is slowly cut one bass as you bring in the other.
Busy Child
try this . . . . .

On the 4th beat of the measure, quickly turn down the bass on both channels and before the 1st beat of the next measure, turn up the bass of the track thats mixing in while keeping the bass on track #1 either completely off or turning it up a little.

Very basic, but it sounds good and makes life easier.

cheers
Kid Lax
it depends on what kind of mixing you want to do
and that really depends on your own personalpreference and the two individual songs

for example, if you want to mix the two tracks very long and smooth...so that you don't even notice the change...
you won't use the same technique as you would if you wanted to say, bring in a cymbol from the track being mixed in on the first beat of a bar

or if you wanted to abruptly bring in a bassline
or a hard kick drum
etc. etc. etc.

the only way to really learn is just around and try different things
dj'ing is all about being creative
DJ_Shockwav
it's very hard to describe the use of the EQ
cause it pretty much varies for every track
next time you go to watch a dj spin, take some time to stand by the booth and watch how he does things...
then take that knowledge and practice practice practice :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement