return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
How to sell yourself on cold calling
View this Thread in Original format
zGoogleman
Title might not make much sense. But the idea is simple. If you have to cold call to try and sell something. How do you get pass the secretary? I know some of you may say, if you have to ask. You can't do it. But I doubt that. Some of you may be more informative than others. So how?
Adam420
-Don't sound like you're unsure of yourself
-Always have the name of a person if possible
-Be very nice and courteous, say hi, please and thank you
-Don't say who you are and why you're calling unless asked
-Speak very directly and assuredly
Halcyon+On+On
Always, always, always start with a joke.
PivotTechno
Like, "what's brown and sits on the piano bench?"
Dykes_on_Jay
Tell them your name, don't give them your phone number and tell them to call back while hanging up before they can say anything.
Halcyon+On+On
RAY CHARLES
Vivid Boy
figure out the name of a higher up.

“Hi, this is zgoogleman from tranceaddict Corporation. May I speak to (name of guy you want to talk to) ____________ please?
Thank you, I’ll hold.”

When the Secretary asks what the call is about:
“Oh, I was referred by your executive office/president/CEO (guys name you researched before making the call) . Thank you, I’ll hold.”

bam no questions asked you're in.
Vivid Boy
zGoogleman
Seems too easy.
Looney4Clooney
find the name of the school the kids go to. Call as the principle saying there was an incident. Good luck trying to sell anything tho.

Any decent secretary will just tell you he is in a meeting unless you are someone on the list of people to pass thru. Unless the company itself is not that important.

The first thing that would sound an alarm is that you are calling yourself. People who would usually get thru have their own secretaries call, they don't actually make the call themselves. Unless it is family or health related.

And nobody does business over the phone. At least not from a cold call.

Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy

:stongue: :stongue:
Lagrangian
quote:
Originally posted by zGoogleman
Title might not make much sense. But the idea is simple. If you have to cold call to try and sell something. How do you get pass the secretary? I know some of you may say, if you have to ask. You can't do it. But I doubt that. Some of you may be more informative than others. So how?

Don't be obnoxious, project your image without saying much. Don't push product, do your research: why would this company benefit from your services? Etc. Start with 'I've noticed your company has little exposure to the New Jersey Gym industry and we're interested in expanding our own franchises but we're always interested in the opinion of other market participants'.

Don't take anything personal. You are just a number, in a stack, waiting to be deployed.

Have a professional website.

//Never cold called but met guys with Bachelors who've had to.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement