return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

well...firewire is officially a beeotch
View this Thread in Original format
davinox
my external 80 gig drive (WHERE ALL OF MY TRANCE IS!!!) is hooked up via Firewire.

And I think the connection must have short circutted, because everytime i try to hook it up, the comp restarts. Plus thats what the technician over the phone says.

So I bought a new firewire card, will this fix it? Can I use my disk drive again without reformating? :(
because rite now My Computer says I dont have that disk drive.

lets pray children...
Trance-Canada
maybe get enw firewire cable ?
davinox
i already tried that, i think its the connection in the actual card. or maybe (shudders) its the hard disk drive.

Well all i want is my mp3s dammit.
Linx_da_cat
did it just one day stop working? cause if that's the case then it's very likely that the HD is fried...
Trance-Canada
hrm... is there a way u can open of the casing on the hdd and drop it in ur PC ?
FuzzyGreen
If the system is rebooting then most likely you just have a short somewhere. Try replacing the card and/or cable. My guess would be that your 1394 card isn't seated properly. If that doesn't do it, try connecting your HD to someone else's system.

If all that doesn't work, open up the firwire case, take out the HD drive and connect it directly to your internal IDE (making sure master/slave jumpers are set correctly).

All of those firewire cases are just ide to firewire converters.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement