return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Traktor skipping / latency issues
View this Thread in Original format
PvDoBseSSioN
Hey guys, I have Traktor Pro 2 along with the Traktor S4 and everytime i play after about 30 minutes it starts to skip, the load bar is about 50% and i have a brand new computer with 8gb ram so not sure if all my settings are right... looked around the net but no real good answers. anybody having this problem??

what sample rate do you guys use? and do you have the "multi-core processor enable" check box on?
paulazizeh
What kind of computer do you have? Do you have a lot of resources running in the background? What's the Processor, Ram, and Hard Drive Speed? The latency could be caused by software but I would like to be sure about what kind of hardware you're running on.

Thanks

Paul
PvDoBseSSioN
here is what im running

HP ENVY dv6t-7200
• Windows 8 64
• 3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• Intel(R) HD Graphics
• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

i really shouldn't be having these problems
Adam420
That used to happen to me when I was using Traktor on my older laptop. Getting an SSD eliminated that problem.
PvDoBseSSioN
interesting... i use an external hard drive which is semi old, you think that might be the problem?
DJ RANN
It could be data bottlenecking form the external HD. Try copying some tracks on to your internal HD and see if it's does the same thing.
Looney4Clooney
find the sound card on the s2 absolute . I have an S2 i use with an apogee duet. 64 samples .
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement