return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
if someone ask you to be a reference on a job application, how honest are you?
View this Thread in Original format
Spacey Orange
are you really honest even if its to their detriment, or do stick to the old adage and mention only truthful and positive things and avoiding negatives?
Lira
It depends quite a lot on the situation, really.

If I had to write a recommendation for a complete dunce, I'd still try to focus on what they do best. If it happens to be irrelevant for the job, so be it, at least the potential employer will be aware of the fact that the person I'm recommending is good at some of the stuff he's not looking for... rendering it irrelevant if it really is the case.
Intellekshual
I'd never accept to be a reference for an incompetent idiot, if I know that the person is capable, skilled and qualified for the position, I'd gladly do it and I wouldn't have to lie.
Banora
When I was I think 14-15 someone called looking for my dad. I told him that my dad was taking a nap and asked if I could take a message; the guy gave me his name and info and I recognized the company. I asked him if he was going to offer my dad a job and he said yes. I then told him that was a bad idea, as my dad has severe anger problems, an alcoholic, does ridiculous amounts of drugs and a thief. I went on to tell him that he will be the best employee he ever had for a few months until he gets comfortable and slips into his old habits, and then you will be forced to fire him or he will quit/not show up. Needless to say the guy thanked me and hung up.
Redd
quote:
Originally posted by Banora
When I was I think 14-15 someone called looking for my dad. I told him that my dad was taking a nap and asked if I could take a message; the guy gave me his name and info and I recognized the company. I asked him if he was going to offer my dad a job and he said yes. I then told him that was a bad idea, as my dad has severe anger problems, an alcoholic, does ridiculous amounts of drugs and a thief. I went on to tell him that he will be the best employee he ever had for a few months until he gets comfortable and slips into his old habits, and then you will be forced to fire him or he will quit/not show up. Needless to say the guy thanked me and hung up.

and the prequel to this story?
itsamemario
quote:
Originally posted by Redd

he raped her, obviously.

On-topic: It all depends if they've worked for me or not.
I've been asked to be a fake reference before. I opted out,
as the perpetrator was somewhat of a knuckle-head, and I ain't
goin' down with her.
SYSTEM-J
One of my old bosses is still a referee on my CV, and all he does is email me the reference request to fill in with whatever I want.
Banora
quote:
Originally posted by Redd

My dad is a dick?
Dykes_on_Jay
It depends on the person. I won't give references for people that I would not stand behind. This even counts friends. I like many people who are idiots. Your name means more than you think.
Silky Johnson
Yeah, I won't even agree to be a reference if I know I can't give honest feedback.

A friend of mine put me down as a reference without asking me, and the employer called me while I was on ing vacation - raving in Detroit no less. I straight up told the employer that I had no idea she used me as a reference and that I wouldn't be able to provide her with one.

Then when I got back I called her ass and chewed her out. Lol.

Trance-MB
It depends on the person and the one who's asking. I tend to be honest and not very negative about someone, but meanwhile for some persons I will be negative for sure.
Jon_Snow
quote:
Originally posted by Banora

You mind if I use that in the La Femme Nikita sequel screenplay I'm working on?

Dam Jori you need hug!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement