return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Hell Yeah!! I feel so lucky!! See what im ordering tommorow!!
View this Thread in Original format
Aldrian
Im extremely happy with some turn of events. For the past weeks I have been hounding on you guys with my multiple and tiring questions with what to get and other things. Well fortunately and I mean fortunately, money is on my side. I was about to get a loan from the bank but my brother from Colorado was extremely helpful and knew that i need major bucks to get my dj gears. Knowing how much I wanted to get top of the line stuff, he lent me the full 6 grand I needed. Good part about it is that he doesn't give a rat's ass on how long i pay him back. I can take my time and maybe he will forgot about 2 grand later on

yeah!!!

Tommorow Im ordering my stuff. And with my internet research I found low prices which my local store agreed to compete or match it.

2 CDJ1000s $939.95 each
DJM 600 Mixer $997.50
Odyssey Case to house all these $245 (chrome)
Shure Mic SM-58 $92
Sony MDR 7506 $89
Odyssey CD Case that house 100 cds $90 (carpeted)
Mackie SRM450 Speaker System with Stands $1495
Vertigo Light set with Strobe Light $345

total=5400 plus tax estimate

that's not much considering i got some major here. Thanks guys!! Any objections on any of these that might give me problems or aren't good?
DJ_kimberg
That setup boggles my mind:eyespop: Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry niceeeeeeeeeee
fastmp3
dude where did u get the money ? :D
Aldrian
my brother. he makes buttloads of money where he works in colorado (co owner of a restaurant) and he lent me the money.

i know you guys are probably saying why i didn't buy turntables. i don't know how to use them. i have been using cd players for a whle now and getting better at beatmatching
jdat
get a sub .......

oh and try getting some funktion one speakers ! That's the real deal :stongue: :stongue: funktion one website
Joshva
Geez mate you are really lucky REALLLY LUCKY. I don't know when I'll be able to afford that kind of equipment. I started on CD's too. It's not to hard to move to vinyl after playing on CD's anyway.
Gluegun
Get em to match a price for Sony MDR-V6, and get a subwoofer!! WOOHOO!! SUB!!!

I dunno much about PA subwoofers... would just getting a HT sub do the job? Hmmm, an interesting thing to study....
Lanithium
quote:
Originally posted by jdat
get a sub .......

oh and try getting some funktion one speakers ! That's the real deal :stongue: :stongue: funktion one website

he wont need a sub with those speakers...

i have them and they are more than enough for all my needs..

same setup to mine except i have technics 1210 mk3 turntables instead of cd's :)
Lanithium
quote:
Originally posted by Gluegun
Get em to match a price for Sony MDR-V6, and get a subwoofer!! WOOHOO!! SUB!!!

I dunno much about PA subwoofers... would just getting a HT sub do the job? Hmmm, an interesting thing to study....

mackie actually have a matching sub for these speakers.. but unless ur like putting on some seriously large events there is no way you will need one..

http://www.mackie.com/Products/Active/SRS1500/SRS1500.asp

i use mine in bedroom and do a few parties here n there and i have never had the volume up more than half way... :)
MERiDiAN5i2
quote:
Originally posted by Aldrian
i know you guys are probably saying why i didn't buy turntables. i don't know how to use them. i have been using cd players for a whle now and getting better at beatmatching

i smell a cheap copout! :P

turntables = 1 slider 1 switch 3 buttons
cdj1000s = buttons all over

lol.. anyhow.. that setup should be fat..

I hope your planning on mixing *real* CD's, not burned - the difference is *quite* real.

so uhhhh when's the party! :D
-mer

Busy Child
can i get free admission to your parties>???
dJohn
I still don't see any 1200s....
hahaha..jk. That's tight. But borrowing 6 g's??? I dunno about that.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement