return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
You know when this forum's dead when
View this Thread in Original format
WittyHandle
No one even starts a thread to bitch about the Igloofest lineup :D
ostrich
it's a solid line up! no reason to bitch imo
WittyHandle
I know, I think so too, but I figured that never stopped this place before ;)
Adam420
More like no one started a thread about it period!
KrinKer
What is there to butch about?

One of the more solid lineups they've ever put out!
Spin Laden
roll call for dj Spam?
crazydafy
haha this forum has gone from dicks bitching at noobs to dicks not beeing able to bitch at anything. This just shows how much of a circle jerk this place was for all these years. I mean how the did this forum manage to not be alive right now with the electronic scene grown so big and the use of social media grown even bigger.
I assume it was the ones that actually knew a lot about what they were talking about but were to ing smug about it to have an informative discussion with the noobs that were showing up once in a while.
corjay9
Definitely going to see Levon Vincent & Scuba. Matthew Dear & Ame is another night I'll want to check out. Overall, Igloofest can't fail. Good bookings, winning formula.. I wonder how much bigger this festival will get.
2techs
quote:
Originally posted by crazydafy
haha this forum has gone from dicks bitching at noobs to dicks not beeing able to bitch at anything. This just shows how much of a circle jerk this place was for all these years. I mean how the did this forum manage to not be alive right now with the electronic scene grown so big and the use of social media grown even bigger.
I assume it was the ones that actually knew a lot about what they were talking about but were to ing smug about it to have an informative discussion with the noobs that were showing up once in a while.

Lol good post
Marcus007
quote:
Originally posted by crazydafy

the only dicks bitching at noobs was Jay lol

he's to blame for the death of MTLTA

the problem on MTLT is also BECAUSE of social media, bigger social media = less forum needs, ppl can have discussions on their walls about djs/songs/etc without needing to go to a different website.

Dont forget that TA has always been an elitist forum with a harsh learning curve. Sure some noobs might have ran away because they couldnt handle it but at the end of the day the ones who wanted to stay stayed.

I was a completely ing immature idiot when I first came on TA and I got flamed hardcore until I was accepted. Some cant handle that I guesss....

Just remember a lot of us from TA know our dance music (I wont dare say EDM because of what EDM means nowadays) better than the general public. It's not to say I condone the rude comment towards noobs but we werent ALL trolls here. There were a few but most of us were open minded, cool, down to earth people.

I met ppl on this forum that I'm still super close with today. Back in the day there was countless meet ups with big DJs, we'd all meet at huge events, discuss, say hi at other clubs, I literally built a social circle of TA people.

Unfortunately Swamper just doesnt care anymore about TA. I offered to take over mod duty and help get the forum going and Malek couldnt even get a response from Swamper. And when I wrote him I didnt get a response either.

So it's partly Swamper fault, the trolls fault, huge part to blame on social media (fb specifically).

Adam420
I just put it down the the fact that in the last couple of years, there have been very few new members. Also, a large portion of MTLTA peeps are DJs themselves, and like, DJs can't have their own opinions, heh. Look at the ridiculous Francis wrote me in that Circus Maximus thread. Like, who the needs that?
Alex
Markessss for mod!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement