return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

Something that made me laugh involving Ian Van Dahl
View this Thread in Original format
magicsushi
So I had Radio 1 on this evening at about 6:30pm, and the entertainment news came on. Now I don't if anyone else heard it, but basically there was an interview with the singer from IVD and she was talking about how she's not impressed by the state of the industry. Apparently, (now get this :D) too many people are simply in it for the money and fame, and not actually interested in producing quality tunes.. :stongue:
DuMonde TrAnCeR
quote:
Originally posted by magicsushi
So I had Radio 1 on this evening at about 6:30pm, and the entertainment news came on. Now I don't if anyone else heard it, but basically there was an interview with the singer from IVD and she was talking about how she's not impressed by the state of the industry. Apparently, (now get this :D) too many people are simply in it for the money and fame, and not actually interested in producing quality tunes.. :stongue:

yeh :haha: also the producer of ian van dahl also said something along the lines of that " peopel dont want to listen to hyped up euro-style breakdowns and vocal stuff anymore" made me piss myself almost :hahah: :stongue:
Mail Man
:haha: :haha: IVD just makes me laught.

"too many people are simply in it for the money and fame, and not actually interested in producing quality tunes.. "

that has to be the best line! Wonder if she knows what she is talking about.
Maaz
quote:
Originally posted by Mail Man
"too many people are simply in it for the money and fame, and not actually interested in producing quality tunes.. "

Did she ever say they weren't in it for the money and fame? No.

Conclusion: The only reason they think there are "too many people", is because they don't want any competition :D

tsc, tsc, greedy people :haha:
attacc
to me it seems like when a tune get really popular it is instantly called cheese.. the paradox is that when the tune wasn't that popular everybody loved it

I'm not saying this is what happent to Ian Van Dahl though, hehe.. but tunes like iio - rapture. It's just not cheese... over played and overkill yes, but not cheese.

my 2norwegiankroner
CyberTeraz
Everyone loved castles in the sky when it came out! teehee!

They think they are "underground" because they were at The Summer Sound system! Thats was the most commercial clubbing event I have ever been to! Still good and mostly underground music, but clubland has gone fat to commercial, its not like back in the day! I remember when you used to have to cue for hours to get into gatecrasher, and if you werent fully face painted then they wouldnt let you in! Those were the days!:haha:
DVS
quote:
Originally posted by magicsushi
Apparently, (now get this :D) too many people are simply in it for the money and fame, and not actually interested in producing quality tunes.. :stongue:

:stongue: :stongue: :stongue:
Technaut
quote:
Originally posted by Mail Man
:haha: :haha: IVD just makes me laught.

:stongue: :stongue: :stongue:

i still see wee neds buying the tunes in HMV tho
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement