return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Warning: Fed Ex
View this Thread in Original format
Mosaic
Recently, my dad bought a Sony laptop online for $2000 cad. The seller was in Florida, and we live in Ontario.

The parcel was shipped via Fed Ex Ground.

The package never came, and Fed Ex assumed it 'went missing' at the border. We're disappointed, but we figure we'd get our $$ back, cuz the package was insured. So, we fill out a claim. For some reason, they keep needing forms and such that only the seller in Florida has, and they don't want to cough it up. So, we keep bitching to FedEx, until we got a check for $180 in the mail, as they tried to bribe us into forgetting about it. We return the check, and demand our $2k. Six months later, we haven't seen a dime, and FedEx just doesn't seem to care, and neither does the seller in Florida.

FedEx ripped my family off for $2,000. Stay away from FedEx, their insurance means nothing.
Enervate
BE CAREFUL.. contract law says that if your dad cashes the check and it has any indication that that is their offer.. they no longer have to pay you .. get in touch with the better business bureau, and when you call them tell them you work for business times and you'll write an article.. thats how i got ebay to pay me back

quote:
Originally posted by Mosaic
Recently, my dad bought a Sony laptop online for $2000 cad. The seller was in Florida, and we live in Ontario.

The parcel was shipped via Fed Ex Ground.

The package never came, and Fed Ex assumed it 'went missing' at the border. We're disappointed, but we figure we'd get our $$ back, cuz the package was insured. So, we fill out a claim. For some reason, they keep needing forms and such that only the seller in Florida has, and they don't want to cough it up. So, we keep bitching to FedEx, until we got a check for $180 in the mail, as they tried to bribe us into forgetting about it. We return the check, and demand our $2k. Six months later, we haven't seen a dime, and FedEx just doesn't seem to care, and neither does the seller in Florida.

FedEx ripped my family off for $2,000. Stay away from FedEx, their insurance means nothing.
fastmp3
dude i'm really sorry to hear that ... i won't trust fedex anymore
Maaz
quote:
Originally posted by Enervate
thats how i got ebay to pay me back

Nice one :D
TeKnoHe@d2025
I haven't had any problems with Fed-Ex...I've had a $400 pair of Klipsch speakers sent from CA to here, video card and hard drive also sent from CA to here by them. It was free shipping and it arrived on time or earlier than expected. Sorry to hear about your loss though.
Essential1
Fed-Ex isn't too bad....my enemy is PUROLATOR!!! They literally kick boxes around like a soccer ball (just like in Ace Ventura), and they make u sign for it b4 opening it. I deal with about 400 packages a day from purolator and they've almost gotten me fired numerous times because of missing packages that were supposed to come to my attention. IN CLUKS!! :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

ps: sorry to hear about ur dad's laptop, U should just keep calling and being the biggest prick on the phone, that's the only way ur gonna get the money back. I work in customer service and we help out the s b4 the "normal" people who call.
Veldrid
A Fed Ex driver ran my uncle over and killed him about 5 weeks ago. I am not kidding.
jploveparade
quote:
A Fed Ex driver ran my uncle over and killed him about 5 weeks ago. I am not kidding.

That's such a sad story :confused:
Mosaic
see! FedEx is pure evil!
jinxed84
quote:
Originally posted by Veldrid

yikes! sorry to hear that.

why didnt you try UPS? never had any problems with that...future reference for you i guess. i hope you get your money back, 2grand is alot.

and yeah about the phone be an . call up, and immediately ask for that guys supervisor..then just keep going up when you dont get any results

fastmp3
yeah ask for the supervisor directly and tell him it's in your right to talk to him
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement