return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
HELP... Need assistance how to configure 2 soundcards
View this Thread in Original format
LeVouS
I have 2 soundcards ... one is SB live and the other one SB live 5.1

I need help how to install those two soundcards so that they can work well .. so far i am concerned that its hard to config 2 same cards .. but oh well i have already make that mistakes by having 2 same cards. .. so i hope any of you guyz can help me to solve this problem .. Plizz i think I am going to be crazy if i still couldnt solve this.

I am using Numark DMC-1 connect to PCDJ Blue and connect to a Numark External Mixer

Thx, LeVouS
fzrr
Have you got them both installed and working in your machine yet?

Are you just trying to get them working or trying to set it up so you can mix out of one into the other??
LeVouS
i couldnt install it becoz it crashed

whenever i plug in the 2 soundcards and log in to the window XP .. it will freeze in blue screen error or it will restart my computer right away .. i think its due to the hardware crash

Argghh .. Plizz Help me :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Peace, LeVouS
jdat
ok first, are they both internal ? or isn't one of those usb or something?

second .... have both of them installed seperately

third uninstall everything if it won't make it and start over...

it's hard to give suggestions like that

oh AND MAKE SURE THE IRQs ARE DIFFERENT
LeVouS
er.. both of them are internal

how am i going to uninstall everything?? .. i try to uninstal but i am not sure whether its already complete uninstall

and btw what is IRQ ? i dont understand bout that term... sorry

PeaCe, LeVouS
webbie
The problem is that you have two cards of the same type, two live!-cards that is.

I tried the same thing, one Live! Value and one Live! Player, crashed upon boot every time.
But with a Live! and a SB16 it worked like a charm.

So exchange one of the cards for a different model and it should work.
LeVouS
is it any soundcard that is full duplex ?

i was thinking to exchange it to chaintech sound card or abit soundcard .. will it work ??

Peace, LeVouS
bachatu
yeah, like what was mentioned earlier, its the fact that you had two of the same cards.. I had problems when using the sound blaster live. I installed one soundblaster live OEM version, the other was 5.1+ mP3, and only one was installed. I was able to boot, but only one was functional.
Now if you want same quality of sound blaster live, what you can do is purchase something such as a SantaCRuz turtle beach. The quality is around the same or even better. My Turtlebeach sound card sounds better than my sound blaster live to be honest.

What was the reason that you needed 2 of them for?
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by LeVouS

and btw what is IRQ ? i dont understand bout that term... sorry

PeaCe, LeVouS

irq = interrupt request

each cards on your computer have one assigned to them so the motherboard can manage them

chances are, since you have two of the same, they are both set to the same IRQ .....

so basically you gotta either change them "software" when running windows safe mode, ( set them to two different irqs )

OR "hardware" .... basically you go on one of the soundcards and you move the jumper for it's IRQ ( make sure you don't set it to another IRQ already taken )

to have a list of taken IRQs go to connected pheripheral ( DAMM SPELLING ) and the list will be there ( I think )
LeVouS
well i need 2 of them for PCDJ then connect them to my external mixer because with only 1 soundcard .. i cannot split the player A and B into each pair of speakers [ i have 4.1 so front - rear or left - right ] ... i want each player from DMC-1 to have own chanel in my external mixer

Hey Jdat how am i going to set the option hardware / software while in SAFE MODE ... and another question where am i should go so i can set the soundcard jumper?? and how i can get the list of pheripheral ?? :toothless :toothless :toothless

Plizz Assist me .. Soryy for the trouble :)

Thz, LeVouS

jdat
quote:
Originally posted by LeVouS
well i need 2 of them for PCDJ then connect them to my external mixer because with only 1 soundcard .. i cannot split the player A and B into each pair of speakers [ i have 4.1 so front - rear or left - right ] ... i want each player from DMC-1 to have own chanel in my external mixer

Hey Jdat how am i going to set the option hardware / software while in SAFE MODE ... and another question where am i should go so i can set the soundcard jumper?? and how i can get the list of pheripheral ?? :toothless :toothless :toothless

Plizz Assist me .. Soryy for the trouble :)

Thz, LeVouS

well first of all, go to control panel,
system,
right click on each sound card separetely > PROPERTIES
go to tab resources, and look at IRQ number ( it'll range between 1 and 15, I don't remember exactly )

and check properties on the irq for each sound card, if they are the same number, follow the rest of my explanations

( oh my ..... I'm running a french os and it's win2k so it's gonna be different procedure then yours, but I'm trying to tell you what I can remember ) ......

open your comp, pull out one of the sound cards, and look at the jumpers on it ( It'll be marked IRQ pretty clearly I think ) and set it to a different IRQ

but like I said, first, check on the system menu;
REsource by connection or something like that, to make sure you will be setting it to another irq then one that is already taken

for example both sound cars are set on IRQ 10

you switch one to 9

9 could be taken by another piece of hardware in your machine

that's why you have to check your IRQ used list

I don't know how to explain this well :stongue: :stongue: :stongue: :stongue: :stongue:

haven't big on hardware in a while; so you kinda forget the stuff

I just looked on my laptop, I have 5 things set to IRQ 9 ... no conflicts .... hummm don't know how that's possible ... anyhow
LeVouS
wh000tt... great explanation and indeeed fast reply ..

ok i will try it tonight .. i'm going to evening class first .. after that i will try ur instruction .. Can't Wait for tonight heheheE~ :toothless :toothless :toothless

just pray for me that everything will be alrite ..

Thx, LeVouS
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement