return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Craziest stories involving this website
View this Thread in Original format
pyro264jb
was fired from a job once for being on ta to much

true story..

anyone else?
AY STAR
met alot of crazy people :p
euphoria
This used to happen more in the past then it does now (when the NYTA's were a bit more friendly and closely knit) Random people walking up to me asking me "are you euphoria from TA?" lol that was always fun. Met an insane amount of cool people and continued to party with them.
ReenTeenTeen
Got a temporary ban for telling Sleepy & Boo, "I know where you live" :clown:
Scoops
2 summers ago....was walking through the crowd at DJais...

some random guy is like "dude don't you post on TA" and then he asks "Aren't you Scoops"

He then goes on to tell me used to post on TA and that he has stopped...

Now we rage hard at djais every weekend while kickin back shots of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
SebG
quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
met alot of crazy people :p

understatement.
kingchinc
There was some TA'er who was a wealth management advisor who was worried about their IP being investigated and losing their career.
SebG
quote:
Originally posted by kingchinc
There was some TA'er who was a wealth management advisor who was worried about their IP being investigated and losing their career.

Didn't a federal judge issue a statement that somebody cannot be prosecuted by IP address cause it can be spoofed and manipulated?
amdmaxx
highmay.

People in Club Space in Miami randomly asking me if I post on TA.

F%#$ facebook - it killed this site. Met a lot of nice people here.. too bad vibe is gone, all commercial now..
ReenTeenTeen
This must of been a decade ago or so; I worked with a girl whose desk I used to pass all the time that every other minute as it seemed was on NYTA posting so I finally walked up & I said to her that I was a NYTA as well. She turned out to PhoenixBabe :rolleyes:

lollerskates
You all know Half-Life, well there was this expansion called Opposing Force (op4) and I used to play that all the time in 2000-2003...

I was about 15 and I had no idea what trance was, but I used to play with this guy named [|TDT|]Deadeye_Dick from sweden and he always used this logo (but with the TA site name) when he played:

Fast forward 8 years and I've been listening to trance since 2006 and stumble on TA in 2009... I'm like I know that logo... I know that site... what the hell... wish I had gotten into trance when I visited the forum back in 2001! Especially since I live in maimi... kicking myself for not beign part of the glory days :nervous:

Anyway, that's my crazy story and if anyone of you know Deadeye or have any idea who he might be, let me know, because I've been looking for him for years! I would love to reunite!
hellosam
yeah i agree with all the "wait arent you..." comments

Between ta and t.nu i always felt famous when i traveled!

More recently (though kind of a while ago now) when i finally went to Amsterdam for the first time- 80% of my first night was spent at lumi responding to people screaming "hey!! sam?? sam is that hellosam??!"

kind of cool. Not sure if thats more from here or t,nu but i met a lot of TA-ers there, that i had actually never met in the states HAHAHA go figure

I met some of my best friends here, honestly.

I guess thats not crazy though :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement