return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
Roll Call : Hernan Cattaneo B2B Nick Warren @ Stereo
View this Thread in Original format
Romchik22
Can't wait for this mega bomb this friday. I've rallied some of the troups for this one. Can'ttttt wait.
hardcore trancer
Been waiting months for this!! What journey this is going to be.:)
Agelisaus
damn this is going to be awesome anyone got the time for Hernan set i'll be comming as a Lone wolf from Quebec city and i wouldnt want to miss his start !
fastmonkey
CETTE NUIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMD4dRZCNkI
oldskool94
About 12 hrs to go !!!!

Should be a true prog journey....soooo looking fwd to it !!

About 6 friends and I are going....

Bon voyage! :)
PurpleHaze
So how was it guys? Really stoked to see them tonight in Toronto. Popping my Hernan n Warren cherry!:crazy:
psyrel
Even though I knew they were coming to Ryze, I had to see them at Stereo. Totally worth it!

Their first 3 hrs were flawless, perfect prog. They really were on the same wavelength. So much so that unless I looked up I really couldn't tell who was on. Yeah, that alone made the trip worth it for me.

Around 7:30 their styles became more individualized. Hernan was techier, bouncier and the Stereo crowd really enjoyed him. Nick was more experimental, played a few more vocals and also some tracks in minor keys. Some complained that he brought the energy down but if you're a Nick Warren fan, he was definitely being himself and I quite enjoyed him.

Ryze was a bit of a blur for me even with the shorter timeslot (4 1/2hrs). Definitely a compressed set but also more formulaic. Still very enjoyable but it didn't have that "we're sharing one brain right now" synchronicity that they displayed at Stereo at the start.

p.s. 1st time in a long time that I found parts of the crowd at Stereo (esp. front & centre) to be pushy/aggressive. I heard that's their typical Fri night crowd now? I held my own but yeah, it got annoying.
klobo
music was fantastic.

the crowd at stereo is getting worst and worst since 1-2 years now. 3/4 of the crowd were not dancing, and the right side has so many posers!!
hardcore trancer
Ok night overall I thought. Nick Warren really didn't do anything for me. He was all over the place with his tracks and every time Hernan was bringing up the energy NW would completely destroy it with some random tracks. His mixing was all over the place also and his transitions were too short. I wouldn't want to see him again. Hernan solo any time but with Nick Warren it is not worth it imo. Crowd wise I can say that it has changed also. Most of the crowd like someone else said were just standing around doing nothing.Hernan rocked though every time he came on. ;)
AY STAR
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore trancer
Ok night overall I thought. Nick Warren really didn't do anything for me. He was all over the place with his tracks and every time Hernan was bringing up the energy NW would completely destroy it with some random tracks. His mixing was all over the place also and his transitions were too short. I wouldn't want to see him again. Hernan solo any time but with Nick Warren it is not worth it imo. Crowd wise I can say that it has changed also. Most of the crowd like someone else said were just standing around doing nothing.Hernan rocked though every time he came on. ;)

warren did the same in nyc when they spun together. guy was a serious buzz kill and i think he was on drugs
hernan needs to be booked solo imo. this whole thing of him and warren is just a marketing ploy

hardcore trancer
quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
warren did the same in nyc when they spun together. guy was a serious buzz kill and i think he was on drugs
hernan needs to be booked solo imo. this whole thing of him and warren is just a marketing ploy

Yeah it really seems like he doesn't give a when he plays..He really killed the vibe for the most part when he was on. :( I hope we get a nice 8 hr solo set from Hernan soon!!
Sbliss22
Gonna have to 2nd what Ay Star said. Came in to see if this was any different than NYC where NW completely destroyed the vibe, and sad to see it wasnt.. Just give Hernan the solo slot
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement