return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Do you drink at kid parties?
View this Thread in Original format
LoveHate
So I'm at a kids party playing and ish having a good time. A couple of parents were dining, boom I order a drink, and all a sudden everyone wants to leave. idk if it's me but why everyone leave when I start drinking? Is it because I was the only black male at the party?

I normally don't drink at kids parties but everyone else was sipping and I was thirsty. As soon as I got my drink people had to leave. I don't have a bad rep as a bad drunk so I don't get it.

No one wanted to drink with me. :(
Big Worm
Of course I do.

Unless there is a strict no drinking policy in place, I imbibe with impunity.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
So I'm at a kids party playing and ish having a good time. A couple of parents were dining, boom I order a drink, and all a sudden everyone wants to leave. idk if it's me but why everyone leave when I start drinking? Is it because I was the only black male at the party?

I normally don't drink at kids parties but everyone else was sipping and I was thirsty. As soon as I got my drink people had to leave. I don't have a bad rep as a bad drunk so I don't get it.

No one wanted to drink with me. :(

Depends on the type of parents you're around. Some have no life and it's all about little johnny, and are easily offended. Others have no problem slamming them back. For me, I need a drink to just tolerate other people's little bags.
Big Worm
Just go with the flow.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what people may or may not be doing. Usually a kids get together is inherently stressful and therefore people act weird anyway.

Just sip your drink and don't do anything crazy.
Mr.Mystery
I'm not sure what I'd be doing at a kids party to begin with.
Big Worm
I don't know about that.

Plenty of reasons to go to a kids party… namely laying the ground work for a MILF you might want to send a message to… like I'm cool around all this baggage.
Vector A
I think palm / robotrance is probably right. If you aren't at least an uncle to one of the kids or something, what are you doing there anyway?

It's one thing to go as a childless person to a friend's house when their kids happen to be there. Kind of another to actually go by yourself to their kid's birthday party or some other children-focused event when no one there is family to you. I've never done that and I'm not really eager to...
Big Worm
I don't know what world robotrance lives in... but I have tons of friends who are single with kids. Really, it's not that big of a deal to be without child and attending a party for one of the rug rats.
Sushipunk
I love how strongly Palm feels about this :stongue:
Mr.Mystery
The more I think about this, the more baffled I get.

LoveHate
quote:
Originally posted by Robotrance
Without a girl and a kid of your own those people want nothing to do with you, especially drunk. They consider you a looser and a bum, especially if you drink at kids parties. The parents are allowed as they "need" this break as serious grown up with no free time. But you are just awkward without kids of your own. Why where you there anyway? No one goes to these things unless they absolutely must. And I'm guessing this is what the parents find weird about you, the fact that you show up there drunk without kids of your own and nothing better to do. Like a bad uncle or something. They don't want you around their kids with your creepy attitude. Get kids of your own and a wifey then your welcome again.

Umm one of the kid's was friends niece , Maybe I left that out, we were at a place like Dave and Busters. in spite of that i am feeling a little self conscious and guilty .
Big Worm
quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
Umm one of the kid's was friends niece , Maybe I left that out, we were at a place like Dave and Busters. in spite of that i am feeling a little self conscious and guilty .

Bro, if you were at a place like Dave and Busters, then I wouldn't feel the least bit self-conscious. It would be one thing if the party was at someone's house and you started pouring yourself a drink whilst in their kitchen-- but bloody hell man, you were basically at a bar with games for kids (and adults).

Why the worry, as long as you didn't get faced and say something regrettable.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement