return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Noobs and Hotmail
View this Thread in Original format
Swamper
I love it how these @hotmail/live peeps turn ON thread 'email notifications' when they sign up and then flag those emails as SPAM when they receive them instead of following the link on the bottom to turn them off.

Then I have to fill out a form to remove TA's IP from a blacklist sending out spam... so new users end up never receiving their activation email.

Happens a few times a year. :wtf::whip:
DJ RANN
Lol, I've been a hotmail user longer than I've been on TA.

I will say I don't really understand why anyone would use hotmail now unless it's purely for legacy reasons. I've never seen a company willfully try to get people to stop using their product; horrific interface, loaded with spam, buggy (even worse on as mobile version) but worst of all the recent verification process.

They make you add a phone number or utility provided email address and it takes ONE MONTH for them to verify you, all the while no access.

They've now removed all the SEO links to anything hotmail and rebranded it as live.com, (even though your email address is @hotmail lol) so when you need to access your email you have one of half a dozen links that lead you to a microsoft live account management portal and nothing to do with hotmail.

, it's amazing that bill gates is the richest guy in the world again.
EarnYourKeep
add an additional acknowledge for when turning email notifications on and add an email header with an explanation as to why they are receiving the email and how to disable it, probably also good to say don't mark this as spam, you choose to receive this, to turn it off click here
JM
People still use hotmail? that died long ago, no?

I early-adopted gmail in 2005 and have used it since. Never looked back!

>JM<
Mebot
quote:
Originally posted by JM
I early-adopted gmail in 2005 and have used it since. Never looked back!

>JM<

Yep same here... However using MS Outlook for work and being used to those features is a big change when using GMAIL. There are certain functions I wish GMAIL had but, it syncs with my phone and I can send and reply to messages. so it does what I need to do
EarnYourKeep
i use both on fleek....hhaaaannnn
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement