return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Childish Question
View this Thread in Original format
Jon_Snow
Has anyone held on to anything from their childhood?

I was recently doing some spring cleaning and ran across a couple boxes of few remaining things:

1. Match box cars.
2. D&D players handbook.
3. Estes model rocket plans.
4. Star Wars/Star Trek action figures (planning on selling on ebay)
Trance-M
Yes, my kids now play with my Lego, toy cars, Radioshack remote Porsche (which still works after I think 30 years!), International toy tractor etc.

Wow, the Porsche even exist on the internet:
Chimney
Still got all my action figures and Burago toy cars since I was ~5 years old.
Silky Johnson
I have nothing from my childhood but photographs, some of my parents' personal effects, and the same two pillows I've had since I was 5.

After my dad was killed and we eventually moved out of our house, we ended up selling it privately, contents and all. Just couldn't be bothered to move everything out, sell off what we didn't want or couldn't keep, and store what we did want.

Sometimes I wish I still had some stuff, like favourite books to pass down, and now that I'm an adult - all of our heirloom China that I now appreciate the value of. But ehhh, it's still just stuff, and I am more grateful for having learned what's truly valuable in life as opposed to possessing a bunch of crap.

I am fully a minimalist, and I purge my closets and home regularly of clothes and things I acquire over the years. The only things I really hold onto now are books.
Mr.Mystery
I think I have some books and a couple of t-shirts that don't even fit any more. I threw most of my stuff away and passed on all toys to other kids.
pkcRAISTLIN
I still have the first teddy bear I ever owned.
Innocence Lost
Still got my ninja turtles action figurines to bad i chewed most of em up when i was a tad :(
Jon_Snow
quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I have nothing from my childhood but photographs, some of my parents' personal effects, and the same two pillows I've had since I was 5.

After my dad was killed and we eventually moved out of our house, we ended up selling it privately, contents and all. Just couldn't be bothered to move everything out, sell off what we didn't want or couldn't keep, and store what we did want.

Sometimes I wish I still had some stuff, like favourite books to pass down, and now that I'm an adult - all of our heirloom China that I now appreciate the value of. But ehhh, it's still just stuff, and I am more grateful for having learned what's truly valuable in life as opposed to possessing a bunch of crap.

I am fully a minimalist, and I purge my closets and home regularly of clothes and things I acquire over the years. The only things I really hold onto now are books.

It's not about materialism. Certain objects trigger memories of my childhood I've long forgotten. And that's important to me.

I'm selling a bunch of stuff I bought working at a toy store while in high school. It has no sentimental value so I'm getting rid of it.
Silky Johnson
Yes I know that, I was only speaking for myself. Jesus, can't say anything around here anymore without someone taking it personally.
Sushipunk
The only thing I have left from childhood is a little soft toy dog. He was a character from one of my favourite comics, and he still sits on my desk, staring at me with that weird expression.

Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Yes I know that, I was only speaking for myself. Jesus, can't say anything around here anymore without someone taking it personally.

Hey, you :mad:
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
The only thing I have left from childhood

what about years of shame?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement