return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

irish folk music...
View this Thread in Original format
mr. poopyhead
i been listening to this punk band, the dropkick murphys. they've infused punk with irish folk music and i just wanted to check out some traditional irish folk music. bagpipes are just so damn cool and irish jigs make such good drinkin music.

i thought this would be the best place to find the help i need. can anyone suggest anything and tell me where i can find it? thanks.
jploveparade
http://www.mp3ireland.com

http://celticmp3.bardscrier.com/

Irish girls are hot, cause me likes them redheadz :)
Robert
check this:
Flogging Molly - Saltydog

interesting irish/punk song :)
mr. poopyhead
quote:
Originally posted by Robert
check this:
Flogging Molly - Saltydog

interesting irish/punk song :)

if you like that, check out the dropkick murphy's, they rock so hard, =P. its kinda the same stuff, cept the dropkicks are more punk...

anyways, thanks for the help everybody. though i'm disappointed no irish ta's could help. i was hoping someone could point me to something their grandparents listen to or something, =P... i'll retreat back to the candian forum now, =P.
Dublin Guy
Traditional irish music basically conists now a days of Luke Kelly,The Dubliners,The Wolfe Tones,Christy Moore,The Pouges & The Corrs (if your into that stuff) if you want some good drinking music try get your hands on some of the pouges stuff like whiskey in the jar,and some The Wolfe Tones-Some Say The Devil Is Dead.

Most of the wolfe tones stuff is usually more "Republician" than the others where they sing about winning the english and the I.R.A.

But if you want some bagpipes & tin whistles and that download some stuff off the Braveheart soundtrack like Amazing Grace Bagpipes,some absoutly beautiful music on it.....

Hope this Helps...
mr. poopyhead
quote:
Originally posted by Dublin Guy
Traditional irish music basically conists now a days of Luke Kelly,The Dubliners,The Wolfe Tones,Christy Moore,The Pouges & The Corrs (if your into that stuff) if you want some good drinking music try get your hands on some of the pouges stuff like whiskey in the jar,and some The Wolfe Tones-Some Say The Devil Is Dead.

Most of the wolfe tones stuff is usually more "Republician" than the others where they sing about winning the english and the I.R.A.

But if you want some bagpipes & tin whistles and that download some stuff off the Braveheart soundtrack like Amazing Grace Bagpipes,some absoutly beautiful music on it.....

Hope this Helps...

thanks dood... tin whistles and bagpipes rock.. i wish i could play that .
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement