return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

anti windows xp alliance
View this Thread in Original format
arjoderoon
i have had an home network for so long time and since we have a new pc with xp installed on it. everything is ed up. i cant browser the servers files from the xp client. but i can browse all other clients (win ME), i have shared the hp psc 500 printer from the server, have installed it as a network printer on the clients (win ME), everything went just fine, and when i wanted to print, i got an error that i was not able to print. and it all started after the xp client came in. is there somebody who can help me with this? i just want to print from a client to the printer. it worked before the xp client came and it should also work now.
Emrld
Well the obvious answer is to uninstall the XP and reinstall whatever you had before. For windoze I recommend 2000Pro, I also recommend installing Linux on your server it's very stable and reliable.Here is a great review of all the recent best. Also all can be downloaded for free.
Otherwise, keep trying.
E
yujie__
U need Windowz XP pro becuase XP Home is not design for networking and stuff. It is more gayer than XP pro
ahlamalek
another newbie bashing (put software's name here) because he doesn't know how to use it...

I would say that for networking windows xp is far superior to any version of win9x ... so obviously you ed up somewhere buddy.

(software engineer talking)
bassaholix
Its funny how people like to blame other people but themselves when it comes to software...

Windows does work..

Tips =
1 - Buy Legit Software... its comes with a MANUAL ON HOW TO USE IT!!! and has tech support
2 - Problem with Network... have you considered diagnosing your NETWORK???
3 - If you don't know.. research/ask... don't bitch about it...

Dam this is lame!!!

Mario C.
Network Enginner
da_MynDLesS_one
comparing ME to XP is like comparing DJ Jean to PVD...
Win ME should have never been released. It just tries too damn hard to work better and instead makes things worse.

HERE is a good site to help with your networking problems. Stick with XP pro all the way.
DJ El Kay Dee
win xp should never have been made

i in hate it cos its so childish and confusing in its file structure and linking.

my dad uses xp professional on his host computer for our home network and i use 98 on my desktop and 2000 on my laptop..no way am i gonna switch to xp
jploveparade
XP Pro rulez, set theme to classic and it looks like 98 again :)
DJ El Kay Dee
quote:
Originally posted by jploveparade
XP Pro rulez, set theme to classic and it looks like 98 again :)

:rolleyes:

nope...its still the same ..the visual interface appears to be like 98 but the linkage and stuff remains the same

benn there done that..lol
Illusion
quote:
Originally posted by ahlamalek
another newbie bashing (put software's name here) because he doesn't know how to use it...

I would say that for networking windows xp is far superior to any version of win9x ... so obviously you ed up somewhere buddy.

(software engineer talking)

I agree, if you're a newbie and have a network problem then the XP network connection wizard is your friend. Everything is pretty much automated with XP PRO. I'd suggest you get rid of ME though.
Most unstable windows ever. After 95 ofcourse.

If you Install Xp pro on your system your going to wonder how you ever did without it. Runs like a dream. I have a pretty patchy network here running you probobly havn't even heard of.
Since Xp came along my life's been a hell of a lot easier.

And oh, check your premissions on your client computer.

(Network Engineer talking) Well... I graduate in 9 months anyway.

arjoderoon
yeah i can understand that you love winxp but when it worked really fine BEFORE xp came in... never had any problems with ME, and after the XP came in its all ed up. now i have to change os on my whole network overhere only because of this one pc.anyway. soon im going to switch to mandrake linux on one of my clients (why is mac OS X not released for pc? :S)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement