return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Daylight Saving Time
View this Thread in Original format
Zoso
So, assuming you live in country, province, state, etc. that participates... We roll the clocks back an hour this weekend. Do you like it? I wake up at 4:20 AM and leave for work around 5:40 AM, so it will eventually give me brighter ride to work...but it sure is hell on the evening and messes up my cardio routine.
Lira
I love it because I go to bed really late, to the point I'm quite used to seeing sunrises... But now it takes one extra hour for the sun to show up, so it feels like I'm going to bed earlier :p
planetaryplayer
it doesn't effect me as i routinely save daylight throughout the year
Zoso
quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
it doesn't effect me as i routinely save daylight throughout the year

In your ass...? Where it later explodes, bathing the room in sunlight and gay unicorns, amirite? :gsmile:
Mr.Mystery
We did it last week. I'm still trying to figure out who actually benefits from this.
Zoso
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
We did it last week. I'm still trying to figure out who actually benefits from this.

I'm not sure, either. I've seen "studies" that say one is better than the other for the economy or the consumption of electricity, etc. But the results of the studies seem to vary as to which side is presenting them. The extra daylight in the AM does, however, make it easier to spot deer on the way to work.
SYSTEM-J
Ours went back last week. The clocks going back is generally seen as a good thing because "you get an extra hour in bed". I somewhat negated that benefit by spending the night in question drinking and smoking until 7.30am (so actually 8.30am).
Zoso
quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Ours went back last week. The clocks going back is generally seen as a good thing because "you get an extra hour in bed". I somewhat negated that benefit by spending the night in question drinking and smoking until 7.30am (so actually 8.30am).

Nothing wrong with a little dedication. :D
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I'm not sure, either. I've seen "studies" that say one is better than the other for the economy or the consumption of electricity, etc. But the results of the studies seem to vary as to which side is presenting them. The extra daylight in the AM does, however, make it easier to spot deer on the way to work.

I mainly work evening shifts and this royally screws over my sleeping pattern due to the sun rising earlier.
Sushipunk
Here, in the fine state of Queensland, we don't participate in daylight saving, despite the rest of the country doing it. We trialed it for a year (or two?) in the early 90s, but the farmers complained or something, so it was overturned.

I honestly don't give a

Trance-M
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery

Wintertime is the standard. Summertime was introduced to save energy (some have doubts if it actually does) and to have a longer day. People could stay out longer in the evening.
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Wintertime is the standard. Summertime was introduced to save energy (some have doubts if it actually does) and to have a longer day. People could stay out longer in the evening.

The thing is, we tend to go through these things even though nobody really knows why. It doesn't really save energy, the farmers don't really care about it, and here up north the sun doesn't even set during the summer so that extra hour of light is really meaningless to us.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement