return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Technics announces SL-1200G
View this Thread in Original format
r5a
The page for the limited edition
http://www.technics.com/us/introduc...tem-sl-1200gae/

regular edition in the fall sometime

ohhh baby
DJ Sarah H
Pioneer, no point you making turntables any more, Technics are back baby :)

Time to start the new techs turntable saving fund :)
Sushipunk
Does anyone know how much they're going to be yet?
djthunderbird
They will cost more than you can afford. And when they're finally released, internet will soon come to a conclusion that a pair of SL1210 MK2's are in some respects far superior to the new decks.

you heard it here first :)
DJ RANN
How the did I miss this thread!

They look really nice. It;s still a 1200 in the design sense but it seems they upgraded the platter, the tonearm and tonearm assembly, and the balance feature looks nice.

As long as they haven't ed up the base (like Pio did and you get bass frequency resonance) then this will be a welcome Mk.X update.

I am a tony bit disappointed that the prototype waved around that featured positional tracking has been included, and I bet both Serato and NI breathed a sigh of relief when Technics announced this model.

Looking forward to seeing how much they'll go for. I doubt they'll make me part with my Mk5G's but let's see.....
DJ RANN
Update: So it seems that What Hifi? were told they will retail in (the UK) for, wait for it.....a staggering £4000 each!

People are saying that's not true and will be less but then there's conflicting information that there will actually be two models;

A 1200-G and a 1200-GAE, with the latter being super limited edition and having a numbered plate on it. I'm not sure though if this is true or someone has confused about there being two models as technics only talk about there being one.

koky69
For 4 stacks each they better give me a mean blowjob to come with them.
Freak
Could buy 3 x Mk4s for that much and still have change

Crazy money if true...I suspect it is not, but awaiting with interest.
DJ RANN
Wait what the is a Technics Mk5 "E"?

Didn't even know they put one out?

The only thing I'm not sure I like about the new decks is the light blue LED. It looks a bit GAE (Geddit? :gsmile: )
Freak
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Wait what the is a Technics Mk5 "E"?

Didn't even know they put one out?

Er, thats because they didn't :stongue:
1200 Mk5 & M5G , and 1210 Mk5 & M5G ... in this case not everything starts (or ends) with an 'E'

DJ RANN
quote:
Originally posted by Freak
Er, thats because they didn't :stongue:
1200 Mk5 & M5G , and 1210 Mk5 & M5G ... in this case not everything starts (or ends) with an 'E'

That's ing weird.Someone is flogging "MK5E"s on ebay and trying to say they are limited edition.

I think in this case, limited edition means they changed the LED's :stongue:

Anyone, someone actually updated the wiki on the new models. so here's the actual difference:

So they're identical but the body is a different material on the GAE.
quote:
SL-1200G (Announced in January 2016 CES in Las Vegas) SL-1200 Grand Class, an aluminum bound turntable with a high–dampening tonearm, a "three–layer" turntable system, complete with a microprocessor and rotary positing sensors to eliminate cogging, as well as 78 rpm speed compatibility.

SL-1200GAE (Announced in January 2016 CES in Las Vegas) SL-1200 Grand Class 50th Anniversary Edition - An Limited edition of 1200 units. Same as above, with a magnesium case.[9]
Nemesis44
Cool to see some good ol' names on here. As for these new babies... 4k, I doubt it some how.

They will be expensive, but in line with Pioneers.

Cheers
Nem
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement