return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
How to manage: friendship <-> love
View this Thread in Original format
Maaz
Lately, some threads about relationships here in the chill out room were about friends that were in love and stuff, right?

In my opinion, it's more likely to have a relationship with someone who's not close to you (and then, obviously, the persons gets a lot closer :D), than with a friend (the closest, the hardest). I was wondering about what you guys think of it. Is there anyone who managed to have a deeper relationship with a friend? What about being friends with a former girlfriend (boyfriend)? Am I the only one who thinks that such situation is a bit "strange" :p

I guess you guys got the idea of what the topic is :)
Exponent
Sorry doesnt pertain to the topic i just lav your sig haha.
Maaz
quote:
Originally posted by Exponent
Sorry doesnt pertain to the topic i just lav your sig haha.

Er... is it me or it looks a bit girlie? :p
Exponent
When it reaches the 3rd frame yes, up untill then its a tease.
Maaz
quote:
Originally posted by Exponent
When it reaches the 3rd frame yes, up untill then its a tease.

Fixed (I hope) :p Now let's get back to the topic, shall we? :D
Vanilla
quote:
Originally posted by Maaz
Lately, some threads about relationships here in the chill out room were about friends that were in love and stuff, right?

In my opinion, it's more likely to have a relationship with someone who's not close to you (and then, obviously, the persons gets a lot closer :D), than with a friend (the closest, the hardest). I was wondering about what you guys think of it. Is there anyone who managed to have a deeper relationship with a friend? What about being friends with a former girlfriend (boyfriend)? Am I the only one who thinks that such situation is a bit "strange" :p

This is perfect, because I find myself in that exact position. I had a relationship with my bestfriend, and we broke up for our own reasons, and just reccently we've been getting close again, and everything is so confusing. We were each other's first loves, and each other's best friend and neither of us know what we want, just that we want each other. It's a dilly of a pickle.
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Maaz

i think you are right. i never really thought of this before but i have never been in a relationship with someone i was already friends with. i guess you have more to build from but it seems like it would be a lot harder to make it work.
benfica88
quote:
i think you are right. i never really thought of this before but i have never been in a relationship with someone i was already friends with. i guess you have more to build from but it seems like it would be a lot harder to make it work.

It's usually a lot better. When you're already friends theres already a strong bond. You have to remmeber guys go straight for looks at first. Most of the time passion gets in the way. There's been times where I look at a girl and I realize that the only going for us was either the passion or sex. No real personality connection.

quote:
Am I the only one who thinks that such situation is a bit "strange"

It may seem weird at first... but it's normal after.
Maaz
quote:
Originally posted by benfica88
When you're already friends theres already a strong bond.

I always thought that girls became more cautious when there was a strong bond :p That's why I said in my first post: the closer, the harder :)
Spad
You also run the risk of ing up the friendship if things don't work out.

Slylee
my best friend is a guy that i've known since elementary school. we WERE boyfriend and girlfriend but that was when we were like 10 so it doesn't count. i could never be in a relationship with him because it would be too weird and i think it would ruin the friendship. he is a very attractive guy and we are almost the exact same person personality wise. so naturally his family and mine have always teased us about hooking up in the end because it seems right but it just isn't. at least not for me. having him as a best friend is equivalent to having a good looking cool brother. i think maybe he has always liked me more than a friend but i just pretend to be naive because i guess i don't know how to deal with it just yet. i think all situations vary, but in general, i think once you take it to that next level, it's just stressful because you are so used to things being a certain way that you don't know how to act as anything more than just "buds"....
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
i think maybe he has always liked me more than a friend but i just pretend to be naive because i guess i don't know how to deal with it just yet.

i think that pretending not to know is a good way to deal with it. that is what i did until he declared his feelings - then things got real ed up.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement