return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida

ALX and Cassy at Space review!
View this Thread in Original format
CleverName
This is my first post in years. I haven't partied in forever, and haven't been to Space since probably 2009 I think. I kind of retired from the scene and haven't been partying much, focused on career and other grown up stuff instead - I know right?

I was driving home around midnight tonight, late for me these days, and heard a live broadcast on the radio from Space - some guy named ALX. High energy, great bassline, great mixing, grooving, absolutely loved it! I started thinking "hmm maybe I should go to space tonight..."

Then I get home and totally randomly run into some old friends, and they're like "hey, we're going to Space, come with!" F yeah! Don't have to ask me twice!

ALX absolutely killed it on the terrace almost all night, probably from like midnight to 4AM. I'm officially a huge fan! High octane, great buildup, technically solid. Played a lot of minimal beats, dark tech house, really grooving, great basslines without too much melody per se, just really great mixing overall. Really seemed in touch with the crowd and kept the atmosphere going.

Cassy's set was good, but to be completely honest, she kind of turned down the energy a bit from the awesome buildup ALX constructed. It seemed like a pretty good set, well programmed with no cheese and quality tracks and mixing, but at 5AM on the terrace I need some serious rocking choons to keep me going!

Tried to stay until sunrise at 6:45AM but only lasted until about 6:15 - I'm getting old lol!

10/10, highly recommend, will definitely keep ALX on the radar and try to catch his next show at Space.
BPM_PHL
Space is the place. Aint nowhere like it.
Donnie Gryphon
quote:
Originally posted by BPM_PHL
Space is the place. Aint nowhere like it.

::cough, cough:: heart has all the magic right now.
floridacurteese
quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
::cough, cough:: heart has all the magic right now.

yep. there's a reason(or 2 or 50) that all of us "in the biz" left Space...
CleverName
I haven't really been "in the scene" for a few years now. What's the word on the street these days? Space was always a show IMO, a shady sausage fest with a $10m sound system. What's up with heart? :conf:
Donnie Gryphon
quote:
Originally posted by CleverName
I haven't really been "in the scene" for a few years now. What's the word on the street these days? Space was always a show IMO, a shady sausage fest with a $10m sound system. What's up with heart? :conf:

Dance floor full of beautiful people, brand new dynacord cobra sound, remodeled room and parties till Sunday evening :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement