return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion

Ziptnf - Ancient Forest [progressive trance/psytrance]
View this Thread in Original format
ziptnf

In the deep and enchanted forests, the sounds and rhythms of the ancients echo endlessly through time...

I made this mix for my second half marathon this year, the Urban Bourbon Half. I've been wanting to do this race for the last 2 years and finally I've done it. PR'd by 5 minutes with a time of 1:57:59. All those hills through the parks of Louisville, KY were brutal and I started to fall apart with 3 miles to go, but I finished in under 2hrs which was my goal. I feel that I could have gone even faster but I will continue to try and improve next year :)

This mix is loaded with delicious progressive gems, chock full of melodies and atmospheres. I'm very happy with how this turned out. Enjoy the nice groovy and chunky pace, from 128-131 BPM.

Dual Phase - Hunger [Speedsound]
Motion Drive - Hypnotic [Iono]
Fluctuarion 2.0 - Eclipse Chasers [Parabola]
Aviron & Eniak - Download the Future [Cosmicleaf]
Protoactive & Dream Surface - Progressed [Freakuency]
Lemonchill - Premonition (Deimos Remix) [Uxmal]
Cj RcM - Protoalta [Gert Sound]
Night Hex - Sleep Paralysis [Suntrip]
E-Nok - Let It Go [Solar]
Ovnimoon & Man Machine - One Heart [Fresh Frequencies]
Suduaya & By The Rain - Space Shifting [BMSS]
Ascent - Happiness [Ovnimoon]
Bakke - Birds (Alter Nature Remix) [Spin Twist]
Suntree - Lonesome Dream [Iono]
Liquid Sound - Carum Carvi [Sadhu]
Simply Wave - Changing Direction [Yellow Sunshine Explosion]
Reverse - Predator [Iono]
Electit - Allusion [Power House]
Mr. Suspect & Kingpink - 21 Gramms [Yellow Sunshine Explosion]
Pulsar & Thaihanu - Resurrection [GOA]

Download link:
Ziptnf - Ancient Forest (1:55:09) 267MB ~320kbps

Image credit to ferdinandladera.

Enjoy! :D
JonDC
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf

In the deep and enchanted forests, the sounds and rhythms of the ancients echo endlessly through time...

I made this mix for my second half marathon this year, the Urban Bourbon Half. I've been wanting to do this race for the last 2 years and finally I've done it. PR'd by 5 minutes with a time of 1:57:59. All those hills through the parks of Louisville, KY were brutal and I started to fall apart with 3 miles to go, but I finished in under 2hrs which was my goal. I feel that I could have gone even faster but I will continue to try and improve next year :)

This mix is loaded with delicious progressive gems, chock full of melodies and atmospheres. I'm very happy with how this turned out. Enjoy the nice groovy and chunky pace, from 128-131 BPM.

Dual Phase - Hunger [Speedsound]
Motion Drive - Hypnotic [Iono]
Fluctuarion 2.0 - Eclipse Chasers [Parabola]
Aviron & Eniak - Download the Future [Cosmicleaf]
Protoactive & Dream Surface - Progressed [Freakuency]
Lemonchill - Premonition (Deimos Remix) [Uxmal]
Cj RcM - Protoalta [Gert Sound]
Night Hex - Sleep Paralysis [Suntrip]
E-Nok - Let It Go [Solar]
Ovnimoon & Man Machine - One Heart [Fresh Frequencies]
Suduaya & By The Rain - Space Shifting [BMSS]
Ascent - Happiness [Ovnimoon]
Bakke - Birds (Alter Nature Remix) [Spin Twist]
Suntree - Lonesome Dream [Iono]
Liquid Sound - Carum Carvi [Sadhu]
Simply Wave - Changing Direction [Yellow Sunshine Explosion]
Reverse - Predator [Iono]
Electit - Allusion [Power House]
Mr. Suspect & Kingpink - 21 Gramms [Yellow Sunshine Explosion]
Pulsar & Thaihanu - Resurrection [GOA]

Download link:
Ziptnf - Ancient Forest (1:55:09) 267MB ~320kbps

Image credit to ferdinandladera.

Enjoy! :D

Looking forward to this. Got a peak time set in a couple of weeks and tend to nick a couple of tunes from you

We'll trade reviews :)
This is the .

This is actually one my favourite of all times from you Zip.

My fav is Street Soul
ziptnf
quote:
Originally posted by JonDC
Looking forward to this. Got a peak time set in a couple of weeks and tend to nick a couple of tunes from you

We'll trade reviews :)

I love it when you borrow tracks from my sets and play them out. Tell me which ones you use and the crowds reception! Good luck mate you're gonna kill it!

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
This is the .

This is actually one my favourite of all times from you Zip.

My fav is Street Soul

Sweet :D

There were a few times when preparing for this mix that I could have stopped digging deeper for the perfect tracks and just used what I had (which was still high quality) but I was particularly detail oriented with this one. I hate saying that this is one of my best mixes because that opens up more room for criticism, but this is certainly way up there on the list. Glad to see that you agree :) thanks for the kind words!
JonDC
It certainly is a very strong mix. I don't think there is a single track that isn't good enough to at least make it's way into the hold bin. What's more, I never felt like you lost your way in terms of the mood and atmosphere, which was consistant and had the right direction. There is a great track at around the 45 minute mark!

If I was going to criticise (which I am), I would pick out 2 things
1. I felt there was a minor blip in the energy levels mid way through when you brought in Ovnimoon - One Heart. You have pitched this track down quite a bit in order to fit it in, and the result, to my ears, is that the track sounds like it's grinding to a halt, but is much more powerful than everything that proceeded it. This could be because I am very familiar with the tune and use it in a different way

2. I think I would have preferred a slightly bigger climax in the back half of the mix

Only minor things though. As I say, it was a great mix that I really enjoyed
ziptnf
Thanks for the feedback Jon! There were a few tracks that I had to slow down to fit in, and maybe some of them were a little too obvious. With One Heart in particular I made a last minute change to switch out a track that was originally there that was much more awkward, and maybe it didn't fit quite as well as I was hoping it would. Trust me when I say it's much better than the track that used to be there! Hopefully it didn't detract too much though. Also I wanted to finish on a more epic track, but couldn't find anything in time. Either way I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope some of these make it into your sets!
zDmn
Finally got around to this at the gym today. I was feeling pretty pooped but when I got this going it was like Krillin threw me a sensu bean and kept me in the fight. Great job.
Lilith
Given this a few listens through now, think its possibly your best and most cohesive one to date with a top selection for the overall 'theme' and the ending tracks are great.
ziptnf
quote:
Originally posted by zDmn
Finally got around to this at the gym today. I was feeling pretty pooped but when I got this going it was like Krillin threw me a sensu bean and kept me in the fight. Great job.

Excellent. Yeah, during my race I was running on fumes toward the end. By mile 9 I hardly had anything left and still had to run 4 more miles, but the music kept me going (barely). I needed to train more distance so that I didn't wipe myself out so early.

Thanks for the listen!

quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
Given this a few listens through now, think its possibly your best and most cohesive one to date with a top selection for the overall 'theme' and the ending tracks are great.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. It definitely seems more consistent and cohesive than some of my previous progressive mixes, and I'm pretty happy with it. Thank you so much for listening!
FruitTumySlam
Great Mix Zip, a lot of unheard of tracks in here with awsome flow and good transitions.

ziptnf
Thanks for the review! Gonna bump this one more time, as I've got a new mix brewing.

Anyone else take a listen? Jack? Dave? Spike?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement