return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

Ruby Skye & Slide closing
View this Thread in Original format
jonmitz
Good riddance I say... stopped going there b/c of the ty crowd, rude bouncers and bartenders... not to mention the total lack of quality acts by whoever was booking their music (basically only top 40 EDM)

It will be replaced by a music hall, and a bowling alley - some limited details are in the article but nothing has been finalized/

Closing mid-2017

Link: http://hoodline.com/2017/03/ruby-sk...l-bowling-alley
mar46017
Another one bites the dust.......
MR STROKE
Holy . Ive done so many drugs in that place........

Ruby used to be the spot in SF for a while. They were booking amazing acts week after week for a long time (Danny Tenaglia marathon sets on Jan 2nd every year back in the 2000's was legendary)
I haven't been there in years though, once they moved to EDM it feels like they completely feel off the map, they don't even seem to pull big EDM DJ's now.

I wonder if its the landlord, city or the club its self making the change?

who knew 1015 Folsom would outlast Ruby Skye :stongue:
72hrpartyanimal
wow! crazy! It was great to be part of the Spundae crew while doing events there. We'd take road trips from LA to hang out during the special event weekends. One thing I always appreciated were the ins and outs. Not many clubs allow that.

Personally was more of a fan of Spundae at 1015 Folsom. Those were some awesome ing times!
DaveT
Ten15 should always be considered better in its hay day vs Ruby's best period. It's not even close.

Not sure the reason why for the closure.

Ten15 seems to be thriving more these days, but not with much in my interest.
bstorm
Wow.

DaveT: I agree with you, but Ruby was a great spot in its heyday for sure. Lots of good memories in that place, but really went downhill as the years went by.

The Wife and I took one last trip up a couple of years ago as our "farewell" to Ruby to see a Dan and Glaude 2x4. We were glad it was the last one for us as the place just felt gross and dated and filled with drunk bachelorettes spilling martinis on the dance floor. Will miss the lounge area and remember when that was a smoking and pool room with music. Dammmmn that seems like forever ago!

There are plenty of other options in The City now and we are coming up again in July and looking forward to checking out Halcyon and The Great Northern (will always be Mighty to me).

The crowd and music at RS just became too much mainstream BS.

Sad to see another club close especially one that has had the run that Ruby has, but change in inevitable.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement