return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
ascii??
View this Thread in Original format
PatMcGroin
anyone on here really good with a simple ascii design? i need some help, i such at it

i just need one that says PAT

its for my website, but i suck at ascii

please help :D
Mail Man
ascii design? is it the same as ascii code?

well here is ascii code for the T in PAT

i will trt find my notes and get the the rest. but in that time some1 might be able to help you out.
k.k.d.
I think he means "ascii design" as in those headers in nfo files... :)

Anyway.. There are freeware programs and filters that would "textify" any regular RGB images, with mixed results.. Maybe that will help :p
StalkerElmo
[edit]

i can't make an ASCII name of PAT.. it disables it..

ownage!:disbelief :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief

here's wut happens

==========================================
|//////////// /// //////////////|
|// // // // // |
|// // // // // |
|// // // // // |
|// // ///////// // |
|//////////// // // // |
|// // // // |
|// // // // |
|// // // // |
|// // // // |
|// // // // |
| |
==========================================

ownage!:disbelief :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief
Fir3start3r
quote:
Originally posted by Mail Man
ascii design? is it the same as ascii code?

well here is ascii code for the T in PAT

i will trt find my notes and get the the rest. but in that time some1 might be able to help you out.

Um....that would be 'Binary' there bud...:rolleyes: :stongue:
Arbiter
quote:
Originally posted by Fir3start3r
Um....that would be 'Binary' there bud...:rolleyes: :stongue:

That's what ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) is - a code that assigns each character a numeric binary value so that computers can work with them (since they can only work with 0s and 1s).
AnotherWay83
try: http://ascii.zelab.net/

u can upload ur image and it'll convert it to ascii, i just tried it with a jpeg that had a white background, and text ('PAT') in black and it worked pretty well

u can also try text-image.com, also does sumthing similar, but not exactly the same, but i like the effect more
Mail Man
quote:
Originally posted by Arbiter
That's what ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) is - a code that assigns each character a numeric binary value so that computers can work with them (since they can only work with 0s and 1s).

thank you, saved me typing it :)

my goof tho. i wasnt to sure what ascii design was, but now i know :D
Vanilla
hopefully this turns out
(edit)
Fir3start3r
quote:

Don't mean to appear snide but I have an Eletronics background; here's some info for you. :rolleyes:

Actually, ACSII most of the time is done in HEX format (unless you're using some program that wants it to be done in binary; although I'm not sure why they'd do that since I've never seen that...and they don't even show binary that is in an ASCII table as seen below...)

Example:
quote:

ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange. Computers can only understand numbers, so an ASCII code is the numerical representation of a character such as 'a' or '@' or an action of some sort. ASCII was developed a long time ago and now the non-printing characters are rarely used for their original purpose. Below is the ASCII character table and this includes descriptions of the first 32 non-printing characters. ASCII was actually designed for use with teletypes and so the descriptions are somewhat obscure. If someone says they want your CV however in ASCII format, all this means is they want 'plain' text with no formatting such as tabs, bold or underscoring - the raw format that any computer can understand. This is usually so they can easily import the file into their own applications without issues. Notepad.exe creates ASCII text, or in MS Word you can save a file as 'text only'

Arbiter
quote:
Originally posted by Fir3start3r
Don't mean to appear snide but I have an Eletronics background; here's some info for you. :rolleyes:

Good for you. Then certainly you have the mathematical background to know that hexadecimal is just a shorthand representation for binary because any 4 binary digits can be represented by exactly one hexadecimal digit.

Cheers,

Arbiter
Fir3start3r
quote:
Good for you. Then certainly you have the mathematical background to know that hexadecimal is just a shorthand representation for binary because any 4 binary digits can be represented by exactly one hexadecimal digit.

Cheers,

Arbiter

That's a given...

But my point was, how many times do you actually write ASCII in BINARY, not to discuss moot a point about eletronic representation... :whip:

;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement