return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion

What Year Is This [2018 Prog house Mix]
View this Thread in Original format
hoopoe

I intended this to be a CD-length mix but ended up with too many tracks, all of which seemed to naturally arrange themselves into order. I was too happy with the structure to add a few just for the sake of making it 2 hours, so here's this slightly odd-lengthed mix.

The title refers to the unintentional inclusion of several tracks that evoke feelings of 'the good old days' along with others that are very much twenty-late-teen, plus the inclusion of the TV show theme from which quote comes.

You might even say there are twin peaks in the set. I tried to build up through some twinkly, groovy tracks in the first quarter, some calm around Dizziness and Distracted, a set of 'big tunes' in the middle of the mix before really building the energy through Eclipse and Sandwaves to a slightly brighter ending rounded off with a daft big room finale.

01. Bicep - Glue
02. BAILE - Amae (Sasha Fabric 1999/2099 Remix)
03. Andre Absolut - Times Change (Original Mix)
04. Hopeku & Seven Ways - A Journey To Utopia
05. Sleezy D - I've Lost Control (Way Out West Remix)
06. Antrim - Dizziness (Original Mix)
07. Desaturate - Distracted (Original Mix)
08. Eleven Sins - How Does It Feel
09. Binary Finary - 1999 (Kamilo Sanclemente & Dabeat Remix)
10. Moby - Go (Luigi's Edit)
11. Sentre - Do It (Main Mix)
12. Remake - Blade Runner (Maceo Plex Renaissance Remix)
13. Galestian - Rituals
14. Dmitry Molosh - Eclipse
15. Black 8 & Arrab - Sandwaves
16. F-act - Disruption
17. Monkey Safari - Epilogue (Guy J Remix)
18. Analog Kitchen - Utopian Tendencies (Extended Mix)
19. Tinlicker - As We Wake
Syntonic
Downloading now, looks like you did you homework as usual. Good looking tracklist, and I'll be interested in how you build up to Sandwaves. That gives me vibes of older prog house days too.
flynno
Hi Hoopoe - how did you manage to do this stuck in a tree? I got too caught up in the high quality tracks and what it was doing to my head and heart to give a technical critique. I definitely felt the sense of good old days of prog house sound which really started it all for me. I absolutely love music with emotion in it and this set basically was ing around with my emotions all the way through - I lost my spot a few times......and then of course Sandwaves is a mothereffing beast. Thanks for the trip.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement