return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Tantra - Hills of Katmandu --- disco or pre-EDM era music?
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Pluviose
I was looking at some old Tiesto videos on youtube and some guy basically trashed Tiesto calling him garbage and saying Southern Sun, a decent track, does not come close to something like "Tantra - Katmandu" and I searched it up. Turns out to be some sort of groovy disco track, and I hear lots of EDM influences in it, sounds pretty organic too! Sounds like it was made some real instruments, in a pre-EDM context as well. A very good dance tune, but I wanted to ask your guys' opinions on this track, and if you like it, what other tracks like this can you recommend?

Paradox Lost
So funny you brought this up, considering I just brought it up to Danny Howells after his set tonight, as he made mention of trying to hunt down the owner in the liner notes to his GU: Miami.

This record was such a confusing one, as from what I gather there are several different versions pressed to different cuts. The description posted under this version seems to have a detailed summary of its history:

And if you're in the market for those moody glitter ball grooves...well...